Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doctorwhotardis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 08:20 PM
    I hear my name being whispered when I am alone in a room sometimes. What is this?
    Sometimes, I hear my name being whispered when I am alone in a room or no one is talking to me, like during a math test. It sounds like it's coming from behind me, but when I look around, no one is trying to get my attention, or I am alone. It's happening in different places, so it's not a prank. I'll hear it at school one day; at home another; in the car; while I'm walking alone; while I'm in class; while I'm reading a book. It only happens every once in a while, but it has happened several times. I will only hear my name whispered once or twice before it stops. It is a whisper, but it is clearly my name. What is this? Does anyone know? I must sound like a lunatic or like I'm making it all up. Maybe I'm just mistaken, but I'm just trying to understand what's going on. Please help if you can. Thank you. =)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 08:32 PM

Sometimes that happens to me. I'll think someone said my name but I look around and there's no one. I just shrug it off. If you start hearing more than just your name, you might consider talking to a counselor. But I think everyone occasionally thinks they here things when there's not really anything. And when you're alone, you tend to notice even the slightest sounds more than when you have other people around.
    katzndougs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 09:49 PM
    I hear my name the same way dude but when I look isn't no one there so I think it is that you hear your name said before hand then you are bord and hear it again
    Dee88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 03:31 AM
    Hey there, that happens to me a lot and I mean a lot. It's been happening even more ever since I tried to contact my Guardian Angel I don't know if you believe in that but I sure believe it and I got a definite sign for making that contact. And I assure you I'm not a schizophrenic. It's creepy but I'm accepting it.
    Palafox96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 12:57 AM
    I hear the same thing only when I am alone.I hear 2 to 3 times but each time I hear it, it gets quieter. Sometimes its louder than other times, I get scared espescailly when its at night. I think its just when you get lonely, so your head speaks to you. That is what I think.
    bree3478 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 01:42 PM
    To be honest we live in a very Spiritual world, and have to becareful of what we entertain. 1 John 4:1
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. And 1 Samuel 3 (King James Version) says:

1 Samuel 3
    King James Version (KJV)
    3 And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;

3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;

4 That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

6 And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.

8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.

9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 1, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Very true, bree
    CrazyStereotype Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2012, 04:37 PM
    There are a few possible answers for this predicament, but don't worry about it too much.

The most likely explanations would be that you are hearing or imagining thing, or that you have somebody's voice in your mind.

More unlikely [but also sometimes believed in], is that it's your guardian trying to tell you something.

Either way, best of luck figuring it out, don't worry about it too much. :]
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bree3478 View Post
    To be honest we live in a very Spiritual world, and have to becareful of what we entertain. 1 John 4:1
    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. And 1 Samuel 3 (King James Version) says:

1 Samuel 3
    King James Version (KJV)
    3 And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;

3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;

4 That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

6 And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.

8 And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.

9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
    Please be careful when answering questions and preaching your answer. We invite all to answer questions here at AMHD but we don't allow preaching to an OP. In the future maybe just try referencing the passages without direct quotes of it. Also keep in mind it does turn some people off and can drive them away when your trying to help. There is nothing wrong with being spiritual just be careful with it on the boards. Thanks.
    mnava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
    My grandmother from Mexico once told me that hearing your name whispered is a bad sign. That you should never turn around and answer to it because it is death trying to take you or it's something very bad that is going to happen in the near future.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnava View Post
    My grandmother from Mexico once told me that hearing your name whispered is a bad sign. That you should never turn around and answer to it because it is death trying to take you or it's something very bad that is going to happen in the near future.
    Superstition...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two rooms on same breaker,lost power to one room,other room works [ 6 Answers ]

I replaced the outlets in my spare bedroom, I turned the breaker off before doing it, (the breaker controls both spare and master bedrooms), when I turned the breaker back on, the power in the master bedroom is not working.

How much does it cost per room to paint walls and ceilling on 12/x12/ room ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is tpical price to paint 12 x12 room ?

Installed Ceiling Fan in Room A, Lost Light in Room B [ 7 Answers ]

Below I've got a link to two pictures of both electrical boxes if this helps. I have two bedrooms next to each other. They are on the same breaker. Today I installed a very basic ceiling fan into Room A. the wires in the electrical box coming from the ceiling are two tan, one black. I...

A Christmas Truce and other Wishes of the Season [ 2 Answers ]

I know that some of us realize that it is Christmas time. Can we agree on that? What would happen if every husband in the world decided to play nice and chose family over "X". Wouldn't it be so nice not to see all the human tragedy here. Wouldn't it be nice to suddenly relearn that her husband...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

View more questions Search