Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bukoostylez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 02:09 PM
    How to replace a 2006 honda civic starter
    Is there pictures or step by step to show how to remove and replace the starter
    bukoostylez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 02:11 PM

How to remove and install a 2006 honda civic starter
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2010, 02:24 PM

This should work:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219985
    itsmikeferrari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2012, 01:27 AM
    I'm going to BUMP the thread because I had a hell of a time trying to replace my starter and I wrote a tutorial on how to do it.

I included a video and photos, along with a step by step guide.

No cost of course.

The starter is located between the firewall and the engine. You have to get under the car to see it. You will need a flashlight, and you'll need to lift your car with ramps, a jack, etc...

Look above the cross frame, above the exhaust pipe, above the steering rod. You'll see it right in the middle of the engine. It's a pain in the to replace. It took me about 8 hours.
    andy42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Just did this job. Took me 3 hours. If you follow the instructions on the manual it will take you far longer and you may need to replace your exhaust or at least your exhaust bolts/gaskets. YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE OFF THE EXHAUST OR THE MANIFOLD. Save yourself the headache. The only purpose they suggest this is is to get the old starter out and put the new one in. But you can squeeze these through, either through the passenger wheel splash panel or right between the exhaust pipe the frame.
    Make sure you have LONG 14mm socket w/ ratchet, (short socket will not work because you can't get the ratchet close enough and an extension is too long) 8mm wretch, 3' extension, a long drive does help for prying. I would also suggest a 3/8 drive 14mm swivel socket, a good pliers for the wire clips.

-Also, if you are having trouble getting the car started to get it on ramps because of the starter, tap on the starter with a long metal instrument. It's difficult to get something under there if its not on ramps, even with a jack. I used a golf club which worked wonders.

Again, this was a challenging job, but not that bad. But you do not need to remove any extra parts. You can do the job the right way, and save yourself some time and possibly a new exhaust by leaving it on.

Hope this helps!
    WILLIAMCLARK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2015, 05:50 PM
    I just replaced the starter in this sequence:

Disconnected Battery
    Jacked car / 2 Jacks on the Jack points behind each front wheel - 2 2ft.
    Placed Jack stands for safety.
    Removed passenger side tire.
    Disconnected right strut and removed axial, - medium Pry bar.
    Green harness has a flick tab on the top - Difficult to push up.
    Removed upper and lower starter bolts (14mm) a long extension and universal through from the wheel well makes this easier.
    Remove the starter and twist the boot on the hot wire to expose the nut (13mm).
    Remove the l bracket to the right of the starter.
    Remove the bolt to the left just below the starter.
    One wiring harness clip and the starter drops right out.

Removing the axial is key and gives you plenty of forearm room.
    Also upper bolt is a pain to locate on the reinstall, leave the lower bolt slightly loose.

Reinstall in reverse order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2006 honda civic starter location [ 2 Answers ]

Where may I locate the starter for 2006 honda civic?

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

How to replace fan blower 2006 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

My fan blower spyttered for a while, and now is completely dead. It is located in very cramped space behind the glove box. How do I replace it?

How to replace starter for 2001 civic ex? [ 1 Answers ]

My civic won't start and I'm getting a majority of votes on bad starter. Here's a little video of what it sounds like when I try to start it. YouTube - my car broke Can anybody give me a detailed instruction on how to replace the starter, or the starter solenoid? Please note that I'm car...

Replace starter in a 1995 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the starter in a 1995 Honda Civic?

View more questions Search