Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rweb7 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
    I'm dating a girl who lives with her ex-boyfriend
    Hey all,

I'll try to be brief. So this girl I'm dating, she 19 next month and I'm 18 and she lives with her ex-bf. I believe they broke up early this month; but the thing is that she had a child with him. (teen pregnancy) she had the baby 2 months ago. She asked me today if I'd like to get a apartment with her since she can't do it alone, and leave her ex-bf at the old place to take on the lease. Like they broke up this month, and they still drive around and go for dinner and such like they're really close or still together and she told me she was single because she lost all love for him and would rather be friends. Like I met her online and we usually text lots; we've only been on 1 date.

Is it just me or is this weird? Am I in line to be her 'sugar daddy' or a 'step-dad'? Could they be living together just because of the baby? Could they still be kind of together and probably still 'intimate'? Am I being played? Sorry for all the questions lol.

I'm not some clueless idiot here and I think I know what's happening. Could somebody try and explain this to me? I'm confused...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
    You're totally being played.

She lives with him, goes on dates with him, has a child with him. Think about it.

Go out and meet women. Dating online is usually a train wreck.

Oct 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
    I usually do, I was bored one day and created one of those profiles and she came up. Like today she wanted to go for a drive to the city with her, and her ex-bf. This seems really F up.
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb7 View Post
    I usually do, i was bored one day and created one of those profiles and she came up. Like today she wanted to go for a drive to the city with her, and her ex-bf. This seems really F up.
    It is. Why you're even considering it is even more f'd up. Just saying.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
    You don't even know her. Get a clue. This is totally messed up. Why would you get a place with a girl, a new baby that is not even yours and you have only been on one date?

Oct 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You don't even know her. Get a clue. This is totally messed up. Why would you get a place with a girl, a new baby that is not even yours and you have only been on on date?
    Yeah I know what your saying, it makes non sense -- which I thought. I haven't dated in a long time and it may have to do with my depression and loneliness lately. I just moved to the city 3 months ago and all I've really done is sat around. I think I'll just be friends with her and pass on the roommate offer..
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Yeah i know what your saying, it makes non sense -- which i thought. I haven't dated in a long time and it may have to do with my depression and loneliness lately. I just moved to the city 3 months ago and all I've really done is sat around. I think i'll just be friends with her and pass on the roomate offer..
    Kiddo, I'd rather be lonely than be played and used. Also, with friends like her, you don't need enemies. Do you get what I'm saying?

Get out, meet people. If you have any interest, pool, working out, whatever, than join a gym or a pool league, meet people that way. Your life is what you make it. If you're sitting at home alone every night than no, you won't meet anyone. If you're going out just to have fun, you'll meet tons of people. But stop meeting people on the internet, especially people like her. You can do better.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
    I think you need to even be cautious with the friendship as well. She has a new baby and she lives with the baby's father.
    You said you are lonely, what if you really begin to fall for her? This is a messed up situation.

Oct 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think you need to even be cautious with the friendship as well. She has a new baby and she lives with the baby's father.
    You said you are lonely, what if you really begin to fall for her? This is a messed up situation.
    So I should just completely cut relations with her? We've talked lots.. she's a nice, quiet, and shy person like me. I wouldn't say she's a bad person, but maybe just a bit 'screwed up' with the whole situation she is in. She still hasn't even told me she lives with her ex-bf. I had to figure that one myself..

Oct 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Kiddo, I'd rather be lonely than be played and used. Also, with friends like her, you don't need enemies. Do you get what I'm saying?

Get out, meet people. If you have any interest, pool, working out, whatever, than join a gym or a pool league, meet people that way. Your life is what you make it. If you're sitting at home alone every night than no, you won't meet anyone. If you're going out just to have fun, you'll meet tons of people. But stop meeting people on the internet, especially people like her. You can do better.
    Well I've deleted my dating profile over a week ago, so I don't plan on it. I'll take your adivce and maybe hit a gym or something. Thanks for your help :)

Oct 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
    I'll just stay a distance away from her. Thanks for the help.
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Well i've deleted my dating profile over a week ago, so i don't plan on it. I'll take your adivce and maybe hit a gym or something. Thanks for your help :)
    No problem. Keep in touch, let me know how it goes.

Since you already signed up to the site, look around at other questions, maybe you can answer a few.

The group of people on this site are unlike any you'll never meet. If you want to meet people on the internet, find people that become friends, this is the place to do it. We're not a dating site, so you won't find dates here, but you can meet people that are worth knowing.

The girl you met, she's not worth knowing.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    No problem. Keep in touch, let me know how it goes.

Since you already signed up to the site, look around at other questions, maybe you can answer a few.

The group of people on this site are unlike any you'll never meet. If you want to meet people on the internet, find people that become friends, this is the place to do it. We're not a dating site, so you won't find dates here, but you can meet people that are worth knowing.

The girl you met, she's not worth knowing.
    Ally's advice is perfect! You will meet people here who become your friends. You can also do some volunteer work, too.

Oct 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
    Great advice, I'll keep you guys updated :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a girl who has a boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this short, concise and straight to the point. Hopefully someone will be able to address my problem. Knew her for about 3 months. We hang out, chill, have dinner/lunch together , etc. No sex but just plain hit the shoulder and poke each other. I dated her just like any...

My boyfriend slept w/ another girl while we were just DATING, is this CHEATING? [ 40 Answers ]

Please, please please, take the time to read the whole thing.. I'd really appreciate well thought out advice. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from all of you. Ok, so I've been in a relationship with this really great guy for about 11 months now. About a year we go, we were introduced by a...

I just started dating a girl who has a boyfriend. What should I do? [ 15 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 19 yr old guy that recently met an 18 yr old girl. She was a friend I knew from before, I think she was interested in me a long time ago when I had a girlfriend (we broke up). I asked her how she was, and she said that she had a boyfriend (of 6 months). So when we met up, her first...

Was dating a girl who lives with her ex husband. [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I will try to be brief here... Met a girl, well she works somewhere that I am a client, and she gave me her #. I didn't call for a while, as I wasn't really sure if I was interested. Anyway, we finally started talking. She told me that she still lives with her EX HUSBAND, but they...

View more questions Search