Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwh301966 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 12:49 PM
    I bought a car from a dealership they gave me the wrong title
    I bought a truck from a car lot I paid cash for it. When I went to get my tags the dmv said the title they gave me was not the final title there had been another issued for this vehicle the car lot told me they would take care of this now it has been over a year and still no title I have called them and I feel they are giving me the run around they say the guy that sold me the vehicle no longer works there and they have no paperwork showing I bought this I have all my paperwork they gave me what is my legal rights please help I don't know what to do next
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 10, 2012, 01:02 PM
    If the employee used their forms to sell you his truck and pocketed the cash without ever telling the dealer, they are still probably going to be liable - but you are going to have to sue in Small Claims. Also go on the state DMV website and see if there is a fraud reporting section. It might be under your state.gov in the licensing section. There should be a list of business license numbers by business name, and you use that number to file a complaint. States do not look kindly on shady dealers. But it's going to be work.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 11:05 PM
    You take all of your paper work, bill of sale, title paper work provided and you go to court and sue the dealership for the money you paid them.

You report the dealer to the license department that does used car dealers, you report them to the State attoreny general.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bought a car from a dealership and it been 4 months and I still don't have a title? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a car 4 months ago and just found out that there is no title to the car. The dealer keeps giving me the run around and now I found out that he is trying to file for an abandoned title. Is this legal? I feel cheated.

I bought a set of 100 pieces of the huggable hangers before Christmas and gave have o [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a 100 piece of the huggable hangers before Christmas and gave half of them to my Granddaughter and I kept the other half, I had five of them to break as soon as I took them out of the box and have had two more break and my Granddaughter has had three to break. They all seem to break at...

When trading in a car, does the dealership have Title [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a used car 1 week ago tomorrow. The dealership was doing all the leg work - insurance, registration ETC. I have to go back tomorrow and get a loaner car because I got a call telling me that the dealership is having problems procuring the title to the car I purchased. How can I be sold a...

Dealership went bankrupt and I can't get my title [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler in Oct. 2008. I got the paperwork for the financing, but never received the registration info from the DMV. After several weeks and phone calls to the DMV (who said they never received the registration paperwork), I found out that the dealership went bankrupt. I...

View more questions Search