Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    little sister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Blue Warrant
    Does a persons probation or blue warrant ever expire? What happens if a person never had prior knowledge of having a blue warrant issued, even when released from a fed prison and checked for any other detainers nothing came up and he was cleared to be released.

Two years later he was arrested for traffic violation and was detained for having a blue warrant. Is there anything that can be done to have this blue warrant removed?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Hello little:

Well, if he was arrested, the warrant IS removed. Now he's facing charges and it will be cleared up - maybe not to his satisfaction, but cleared up.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Please understand different states have different terms, I have n idea what a blue warrant it, I can only guess from your question it was a warrant issued for probation violation.

But warrants never expire ( with the exception of some city traffic warrants, were the city has a date on them). At least any warrants I have ever seen.
    on the run Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Had a blue warrant for three yrs for not reporting did not catch anymore cases what are my chances on going back to prison I here I can possible go to isf
    Wlbranchjr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 12:12 PM
    When a Blue warrant is executed it is used to place a parolee in jail for violating his parole. Now every parolee circumstances are different. If you get a Blue warrant for not reporting, and your parole expires. (meaning you were free with no new cases and your parole is over) You can still be arrested no matter How many years you have been on the run. Yet, because your parole has expired they will hold you for a revocation and release. This process could take 3 to 4 weeks. Which means you will be in jail with no bond for at least 30 days. It could go faster if your parole officer doesn't feel any anger towards you and comes to visit you early. Usually the 3 to 4 weeks comes from the parole officer taking 2 weeks to come to give you the paper work for a revocation. Then at this point then you can waive your rights , (which is recommended since your parole has expired) and 15 days later you will be released. Now in the other case if you have a Blue warrant and you're arrested before your parole expires. You will go through the revocation process. If your time left on parole is short and you haven't incurred another felony, Intermediate Sanction Facility or I.S.F. is where you will spend 60 to 180 days depending on your address status and the particular facility. If you have a lot time left on parole or committed another felony. You run the big risk of going back to prison this all depends on three votes the Parole officer, the Hearing officer, and the parole board. If you caught a misdemeanor and you plead guilty to it. ( a violation of parole, or getting arrested period is a violation of Texas Parole see your Texas parole certificate) You will likely serve that misdemeanor time out in the county jail before you get a chance at revocation hearing. If you just get arrested for the Blue warrant then you will go through the above... Also in the revocation process there is a chance even after not reporting and even incurring a misdemeanor and in some cases a State Jail felony ( as long as you serve misdemeanor time for it in the county jail) you could be totally reinstated on parole and be released after the board decision. However that depends on the individual parolee, circumstances like How much parole is left? Is this his or her first violation? Has the parolee done well on parole? Did the Parolee pay his or her fees? Is the parolee address good? And then last but not least the three votes. But remember all parolee circumstances are different due to different levels of crime and supervision levels. Hope this helps..

Oct 6, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by on the run View Post
    Had a blue warrent for three yrs for not reporting did not catch anymore cases what are my chances on going back to prison i here i can possible go to isf
    When a Blue warrant is executed it is used to place a parolee in jail for violating his parole. Now every parolee circumstances are different. If you get a Blue warrant for not reporting, and you parole expires. (meaning you were free with no new cases and your parole is over) You can still be arrested no matter How many years you have been on the run. Yet, because your parole has expired they will hold you for a revocation and release. This process could take 3 to 4 weeks. Which means you will be in jail with no bond for at least 30 days. It could go faster if your parole officer doesn't feel any anger towards you and come to visit you early. Usually the 3 to 4 weeks comes from the parole officer taking 2 weeks to come to give you the paper work for a revocation. Then at this point then you can waive your rights , (which is recommended since your parole has expired) and 15 days later you will be released. Now in the other case if you have a blue warrant and you're arrested before your parole expires. You will go through the revocation process. If your time left on parole is short and you haven't incurred another felony, Intermediate Sanction Facility of ISF is where you will spend 60 to 180 days depending on your address status and the particular facility. If you have a lot time left on parole or committed another felony. You run the big risk of going back to prison this all depends on three votes the Parole officer, the Hearing officer, and the parole board. If you caught a misdemeanor and you plead guilty to it. ( a violation of parole, or getting arrested period is a violation of Texas Parole see your Texas parole certificate) You will likely serve that misdemeanor time out in the county jail before you get a chance at revocation hearing. I f you just get arrest for the Blue warrant then you will go through the above... Hope this helps
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wlbranchjr View Post
    When a Blue warrant is ... Texas Parole see your Texas parole certificate. ... Hope this helps
    So, to answer the question (Fr_Chuck wrote more than 5 years ago that he had no idea what a blue warrant is; I didn't either.); you are telling us what a "blue warrant" means in Texas? Thanks.

Oct 6, 2012, 12:30 PM
    A blue Warrant will never expire. However your parole will. If the police for any reason check your drivers lic you will be arrested and have to go through the revocation process. When a Blue warrant is executed it is used to place a parolee in jail for violating his parole. Now every parolee circumstances are different. If you get a Blue warrant for not reporting, and you parole expires. (meaning you were free with no new cases and your parole is over) You can still be arrested no matter How many years you have been on the run. Yet, because your parole has expired they will hold you for a revocation and release. This process could take 3 to 4 weeks. Which means you will be in jail with no bond for at least 30 days. It could go faster if your parole officer doesn't feel any anger towards you and come to visit you early. Usually the 3 to 4 weeks comes from the parole officer taking 2 weeks to come to give you the paper work for a revocation. Then at this point then you can waive your rights , (which is recommended since your parole has expired) and 15 days later you will be released. Now in the other case if you have a blue warrant and you're arrested before your parole expires. You will go through the revocation process. If your time left on parole is short and you haven't incurred another felony, Intermediate Sanction Facility of ISF is where you will spend 60 to 180 days depending on your address status and the particular facility. If you have a lot time left on parole or committed another felony. You run the big risk of going back to prison this all depends on three votes the Parole officer, the Hearing officer, and the parole board. If you caught a misdemeanor and you plead guilty to it. ( a violation of parole, or getting arrested period is a violation of Texas Parole see your Texas parole certificate) You will likely serve that misdemeanor time out in the county jail before you get a chance at revocation hearing. I f you just get arrest for the Blue warrant then you will go through the above... Hope this help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dui Vop Warrant [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Placed On Dui Misdemeanor Probation For 1 Year. I Did All My Dui Classes, Comm Service, Fine, Etc... Excep That I Did Not Check In The Last 60 Days Of My Probation. Now There Is A Warrant But The Warrant Was Signed By The Judge After My Probation Was Supposed To End. The Po Officer Did The...

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

A nephew has a warrant out for his arrest. He did not show up in court. His dad posted a $5,000 surety bond. I guess my question is : How long of a wait is there, do they look for you or wait for you to mess up again. What happens to the dad and the bond?

Court Appearance / Warrant [ 2 Answers ]

I have to appear in court before a judge because I am working with JG Wentworth for a settlement purchase and the next step is to get a approval from a judge. I was wondering what the chances are of being arrested when I show for court. My warrant is an another county over 50 miles, and I may have...

Search warrant [ 3 Answers ]

Someone drove by and saw a door open at my house, called the police and the police came and entered the house with no search warrant... are they allowed to enter with no search warrant without probable cause?

View more questions Search