Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olivialove381 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Thick White stuff coming out of vagina..
    OK so for a while now there's been this kind of liquidy thick white stuff coming out of my vagina with a musky smell, I'm 14 5'2 I've never had sex but I've been fingered. Is this normal?.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
    You need to discuss with mom, has nothing to do with sex, it is an infection of some sort, and needs to be dealt with. This is normal and common, welcome to being a women.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iaskuanswer View Post
    -Don't panic as this may be nothing. It is perfectly normal for girls to begin having some vaginal discharge after puberty. It is usually heavier at certain times of the month and some girls naturally have more than other girls. If there is a sudden change in the amount, type, or odour of the discharge than that MAY be cause for concern. If you are at all concerned about your discharge for any of these reasons than you should visit your doctor and let her/him check you out to make sure you haven't contracted some sort of an infection. Yeast infections and urinary tract infections are common and should be treated as soon as possible so don't delay going to the doctor if you are unsure if your discharge is normal. You may want to discuss your discharge with your mother if you are close, but still see the doctor if there's any chance there's a problem. All the best.

Do urinary tract infections cause "thick white stuff" with an odor to come out of the vagina?
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Look at his other posts Judy. All of his posts have "message withdrawn". Apparently he doesn't have a lot of confidence in what he posts.

Well, perhaps when you're arrested for a crime and then you ask about it on AMHD it doesn't make sense to post the name of the store.

He also was pretty rough on "our" FrChuck - so he pulled that, too. Some people are big and tough, right up until they're called on it. I find it "ironic" (Iaskuanswer - or whatever) criticized everyone else and then deleted his posts and vanished. It's called dishing it out but not being able to take it.

Now I remember why I quote!
    Chloe7436 Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Sep 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Someone could be doing it to you in your sleep
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe7436 View Post
    someone could be doing it to you in your sleep
    Doing what, putting white discharge into her vagina? Get real! Geesh! How old are you, 10? :(
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Doing what, putting white discharge into her vagina? Get real! Geesh! How old are you, 10? :(

Just when I think a new standard has been set someone comes along and lowers the bar -
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
    I was always under the impression that it was normal for discharge to have a musky smell?
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Just plain and simple talk to your mom and say you need an appointment with a gynecologist they will give you a pap smear and urine analysis and you will get results.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinette12508 View Post
    Just plain and simple talk to your mom and say you need an appointment with a gynecologist they will give you a pap smear and urine analysis and you will get results.

A pap smear doesn't necessarily pick up an infection. Vaginitis

A pap smear is intended to catch cervical cancer early.

A gyn exam and a swab (if needed) will diagnose an infection.
    antoinette12508 Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Sep 27, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Well just saying what I do when I was working, as a medical assistant to an ob/gyn, and really you don't have to reply to my answers cause, I'm simply saying what I know will happen with the doctors appt. And I was simply replying to the question :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 06:32 AM
    A pap smear is not indicated for a 14 year old with these symptoms unless she is sexually active.

As Judy has correctly stated (and I have to spread the love), a PAP smear is to detect cervical cancer. A mere swab and culture of the discharge is all that is needed to detect infection.

Since the OP has never come back to tell us whether she is sexually active or whether she has even had a period yet, you are jumping the gun. This could be perfectly normal discharge for all we know from reading her post.

I work for an OB/GYN myself, not as a medical assistant though, but rather a Registered Nurse.
    Pets Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
    Since the OP has never come back to tell us whether she is sexually active
    J, the OP does claim that she's not sexually active.

I've never had sex but I've been fingered.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Well just saying what I do when I was working, as a medical assistant to an ob/gyn, and really you don't have to reply to my answers cause, I'm simply saying what I know will happen with the doctors appt. And I was simply replying to the question :)

I do not believe that a urinary tract infection causes a vaginal discharge. I also believe that a pap smear on a 14-year old girl is unnecessary and over the top.

If I have two choices I'll choose the RN. I don't even know what a medical assistant does, what education is required for licensing.

And, again, please stop directing who will and who will not respond to your posts.
    Pets Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
    You can reply to any question you want, but when you reply on the medical boards, or any other board that requires fact, not opinion, you have to be accurate. You weren't.

As for Judy replying to your answers, or anyone replying, if you post inaccurate info, expect someone to reply. Just like you have the option to post on any question, so does everyone else. We want the OP (original poster) to get the most accurate and helpful advice they can get. If you don't know the answer, then don't post your opinion. Your opinion is not good enough, the OP needs facts.

You received 3 negative ratings for your opinion, one of those ratings is from an RN that works in labor and delivery. She knows far more than you could even guess to know. So you, I'd go with her knowledge, not your guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have brown stuff coming out my vagina [ 1 Answers ]

Im about 2 months late on my period, my boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex now my breats are hurting and I have some brown gooey like stuff coming out of my vagina.. what could this be?

Why would brown stuff be coming out of my vagina [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there! I am 21 years old and I am very embarrassed to ask this but I was wondering what could cause a brown liquid to come out of my vagina.. I am sorry I know this is a really gross question but I cannot afford a doctor at this moment and I need to know. I will also let you know that I do not...

What could white bumps b on the outside of vagina,when squeezed white stuff comes out [ 1 Answers ]

What could white bumps b on the outside of the vagina and when squeezed white stuff comes out

What is the brown stuff coming from my vagina? [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the bathroom last night and there was some brown liquid (but it wasn't runny and it stayed in my underwear). I thought it was my period because I haven't started and I'm 14, but then when I woke up this morning the pad was clean. It showed up on the pad last night but on the new one it's...

Sticky white stuff coming from my vagina [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 13 years old,girl, All the time I have sticky white stuff in my underwear where my vaginal area is and its always making my underwear wet, Is there anyway I can stop this, Please help, Thanks, Woriiedgirl123, xx

View more questions Search