Ask
    cryrichter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 10:46 AM
    What is the meaning of christ in hebrew
    What is the meaning (definition) of christ in hebrew
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Christ comes from christos, the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew term "messiah" (mashiach). Both words literally mean "Anointed One."
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Christ is not a hebrew word, The New Testament was written in greek
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Yeshua means savior
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Nov 4, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leidenschaftlich für Wahr
    yeshua means savior
    Actually, yeshua means "being saved". In the havdalah service, we refer to god as "my savior" -- yeshu'ati. As a word on its own, yeshua is a noun but not a person.

As for the Hebrew asked for originally, as posted, Christos is the greek for "anointed one" and the Hebrew for that is "mashiach" as applied to high priests and kings -- ones who had been anointed with the shemen hamishchah.
    David1888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 02:36 AM
    Its not Yeshua it is Yahushua. It means gods salvation. Yah means god it is very important to put that in there!! Gods name is YAHUVEH. Which means god saves. The holy spirit is RUACH HA KODESH
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by David1888 View Post
    Its not Yeshua it is Yahushua. It means gods salvation. Yah means god it is very important to put that in there!!! Gods name is YAHUVEH. Which means god saves. The holy spirit is RUACH HA KODESH
    Yeshua is the Aramaic form of the name. Since Jesus spoke Aramaic, I suspect he was fine with that pronunciation.

I don't know where you got that pronunciation or translation of the divine name, but you're wrong on both counts. We don't know how it was pronounced, because the vowels have been lost in the mists of time. We also don't know what it means because there's not another word in ancient Hebrew remotely similar. Speculations abound, and they're all a waste of time.

The truth is, God doesn't care what we call him. Paul preferred "Abba" which is Aramaic for "daddy." When we cry out in desperation, it doesn't matter if we say God, Lord, Daddy, or Hey You, he just likes to hear from us. Anybody who tries to tell you different is selling something.

As for the original question, Wondergirl is correct. "Christ" is the Greek form of "Messiah," both of which mean "anointed one."
    xlpitbull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 11:48 PM
    The truth is, God doesn't care what we call him. Paul preferred "Abba" which is Aramaic for "daddy." When we cry out in desperation, it doesn't matter if we say God, Lord, Daddy, or Hey You, he just likes to hear from us. Anybody who tries to tell you different is selling something.
    Try reading any bible Act 4:12
    "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

YOU GO AHEAD AN KEEP CALLING OUR SAVIOR "god" & "Jesus" probable not going to lead you to salvation based on this verse. The letter "J" was created 500 yrs ago, couldn't be Jesus. Greeks were furious and the agnostics mystic Babylon socioty then hijacked the teachings to change the name to Hail Zeus. Witch traslated into Iesous in Greek is ( ie= hail sous=son )

if you want to take this to the next step and search even deeper into root words, Isuse or Hsoos in hebrew means "the horse" in ancient prophesy "the horse" represents , war, judgment, death. This representation of "The Trojan Horse" is the prophesy of the Babylon Trojan horse that was given as a gift for the destruction of the faith and religion. So the greatest deception that Lucifer has accomplished, the entire world is praying to a pagan deity . Remember Act4;12

Everybody stop accepting information at face value. Most people who are leading these days are lost themselves and because they are such public figures and even confronted with the truth its too late for them to turn back for fear of too much investment and embarrassment. Get eduacted and resurech , seek your savior.
    elder101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Wouldn't it be something if we found that all the terms used to denote the creator and his son were pertaining to Baal? Like god, lord, christ and jehovahjireh. Just something to think about.

I use Yahweh and Yahshua for the most part, but then also father, creator and savior.
    earllad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Greetings!

In the book of Deuteronomy Chapter 18 verses 18-19, God said that He will send a prophet like Moses. The prophet’s task is to speak the words God has put in his mouth and to reveal His true Name. God commanded us to listen to this prophet only. This prophet is Mr. Eraño Evangelista. Read the messages that God revealed to him in the Bible for our generation in this site :

Www.thename.ph

Know the real Name of God and the real Jesus (The truth in the Bible is that he is not the Son of God but an offspring of David and God punished him for his wickedness-which Jesus himself admitted) that all religions failed to teach us. It does not propose a new religion but it only reveals the true message of God for our generation. Disastrous events will continue to happen all over the world, for the people to realize that the world is cursed. These will only stop when they accept and acknowledge the true Name of God.
    Thank you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2012, 04:10 PM
    I don't accept anyone in this generation as the prophet named in Scripture That prophet was the messiah, Jesus Christ in the english language, His name is Yeshua, and it is blasphemy to associate his name with false gods like Zeus. This name is used for God in both the old testament and the new where he clearly says I am your salvation. We need no further revelation.

The Scriptures tell us clearly what will happen to this Earth, It will be destroyed and the reward for those who believe is to be with God
    elder101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:58 AM
    Thank you for your indepth searching of the scriptures "where in you think you have salvation".

I would have you to know that merely reading scriptures will get you a lack of understanding! We are to search and search and search, but you and countless others rely on things not understood.

I am talking about Babylon and Nimrod and how Israel sacrificing their children to Baal (lord) and Baal (lord gawd) also given to us as lord god. Most all bibles have replaced the true name with these. No we don't sacrifice our offspring, but we still, unaware, trust in a god or lord. Not understanding the severity or the recompense. In judgement you will tell the creator, well it was written in MY bible that way. What will he say, "depart from me ye workers of iniquity, I never knew you". You may say why then is it in the bible? Well I will just say this one thing, the spiritual understanding is a mystery and is given to "such as should be saved". This babylon worship will not end until all power is broken.

Elder 101
    Lincoln2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 02:33 PM
    He was and is certainly the Son of God, the only begotten. He was punished for our wickeness not His!
    LDX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 11:23 AM
    Are you still available for discussion?
    Burgo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 09:28 AM
    The Aramaic word for God is Elah, I like that as my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ spoke it.
    The Messiah knows his children and will separate the sheep from the goats.
    Firsthome Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Jesus and Joshua have the same Hebrew name. It was Joshua who led the Hebrew people into The Promised Land,just as Jesus will take us to the Heavenly Promised land. Joshua was a "type" or "shadow" of Jesus Christ. So,since the Old Testemant was written in Hebrew,Jesus and Joshua would be pronounced the same in Hebrew... Yeshua.
    Firsthome Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2013, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Firsthome View Post
    Jesus and Joshua have the same Hebrew name. It was Joshua who led the Hebrew people into The Promised Land,just as Jesus will take us to the Heavenly Promised land. Joshua was a "type" or "shadow" of Jesus Christ. So,since the Old Testemant was written in Hebrew,Jesus and Joshua would be pronounced the same in Hebrew... Yeshua.
    Or rather Yahushua .Thanks for correcting me,David1888
    skunjachan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 05:12 AM
    This whole site is nonsense... If God wanted us to know his name or follow some path... why does he create riddles? Then you have many people who translate the riddle according to what "they" think. The whole concept is absurd. We are stupid humans and stupid humans require simple answers.
    willsbon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2013, 09:22 AM
    This is the most outlined comment I have ever read. At the beginning I thought you were anti-Christ but at certain level it like you are a believer who has gotten the wrong message
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2013, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Or rather Yahushua .Thanks for correcting me,David
    More like Y'hoshua, but why quibble? <insert big grin here>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The number 18 in Hebrew ? [ 6 Answers ]

I remember this lady once wearing a pendant on a chain around her neck. Someone asked her something about it and she said it was the # 18 in Hebrew... and that the # 18 meant... life. I never did get the full story, so I'm wondering now what does that mean. Is...

Learning Hebrew [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm wanting to learn a 3rd language and I want it to be Hebrew. Should I go to the bookstore and buy some tapes or what's the easiest way? Thanks!

Words of Christ Book [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether a book with ONLY the words of Christ, As are provided in the Bible red letter editions. A book with only The Words of Christ and their Bible locations.

The return of Jesus Christ [ 131 Answers ]

What are your thoughts about the return of Jesus Christ? Do you think it will be before, during, or after the Great Tribulation? Do you believe it will happen, or not?

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search