Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJUSAF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 09:04 AM
    How do I install driver software for my Samsung tablet onto my laptop?
    Every time I plug my Samsung tablet into my laptop's USB port, I receive a pop-up mes-sage titled: "Windows needs to install driver software for your CDC serial." Whenever I click on the option to locate and install the driver software, another window pops up in-structing me to insert the disc that came with my tablet. However, there was no disc in-cluded with the tablet when I bought it brand-new, so there's another option that I can choose, "I don't have the disc. Show me other options."

When I click on that option, yet another window pops up indicating that, "Windows could not find driver software for your device." Now I have two options: (1) Check for a solution, and (2) Browse my computer for driver software (advanced). When I choose, "check for a solution", I receive a message indicating, "Windows was unable to install your Samsung_Android."

Then I go back and choose the second option, "browse my computer for driver software," at which point a window opens titled, "Browse for driver software on your computer". It allows me to "Search for driver software in this location" and there's a drop-down box, but it only allows me to choose the D:\ drive, so I click on the "Browse" button which al-lows me to "Select the folder that contains drivers for your hardware, so I choose the C:\ drive and the computer searches and then tells me that it cannot find the driver software. What do I need to do in order to install the software so that I can sync this tablet with my laptop computer?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Sep 23, 2012, 09:53 AM
    A little search found this:

Download the Samsung Kies software from the Samsung site and install.

It came from the Samsung forum site, a good place for answers for Samsung devices.

Link:
    Found New Hardware - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
    Windows may find the driver for you sometimes, but other times it needs a driver. Follow the above advice from app zalien to install the driver manually.

Back in the day, you had to do this alllll the time in win 98 and win 85 ;) Windows 7 just makes things easier. But only when it has the driver ! Also you can run Windows Update next time with the device connected, after it fails the driver installation. Look for optional devices, it may have the driver there for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring games from Nook to a Samsung Tablet [ 0 Answers ]

I received a Galaxy Tab 2 as a present and I would like to transfer my games from my Nook Color to my Galaxy. Is there a way to accomplish this task?

How do I make my Samsung tablet work again? [ 1 Answers ]

I was installing kies on my PC to the tablet GT-P1000 until something appeared on the screen of the tablet that I thought is not supposed to appear. Therefore, I stopped the process although it said not to. Now my tablet does not work anymore and it only shows me a phone and a PC with a problem...

Install a driver using vb software [ 2 Answers ]

Vbhelp. I want to install a driver using vb software i.e. I working a software in which first user select name of mobile company name than select model of instrument than istall driver which save d drive.

Gateway tablet laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model275 gateway tablet laptop. And when I try to turn on, nothing happens. If it is switch, how do I repair it.

View more questions Search