Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colban05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
    How often do you have to check in with your probation officer
    My husband was sentenced to five years probabtion. I've never been through this before so I'm cluless. I know the first year is interim probation does anyone know how often you have to go check in with your PO and if you have to pay out of pocket for the manditory drug test. Niether of us do drugs of any kind so I'm not worried about him passing it I'm worried about how much it's going to cost me when they do it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by colban05 View Post
    my husband was sentenced to five years probabtion. I've never been through this before so i'm cluless. I know the first year is interm probation does anyone know how often you have to go check in with your PO and if you have to pay out of pocket for the manditory drug test. Niether of us do drugs of any kind so i'm not worried about him passing it i'm worried about how much it's going to cost me when they do it.

In my experience the visits are monthly (but I have seen every two weeks) and yes, the drug tests out of pocket are part of probation. If a person cannot or will not pay, then probation is not an option. I don't know how often he'll be tested - a lot depends on the arrest, what it was for, what degree.

If neither one of you does drugs why is he being required to do drug testing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is on felony probation and probation officer violated [ 3 Answers ]

He violated him because he couldn't track him we recently moved but during the arrest it was 3 sheriffs that searched him in my front yard and watch them as they searched him and didn't find any drugs on him but once they got to the jail and searched him again they all of a sudden found cocaine on...

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

I am on probation and my probation officer has no police report [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to have my probation transferred to another state. But my PO wants me 2 find the police report I have been 2 all places to find it I was told that in the system they see me as being on probation but with no restitution. I was also told that if there is no police report I shouldn't be on...

View more questions Search