Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waterfallgall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 04:41 AM
    Grounds for Full Custody
    Hi there
    It seems we search for so many sites to get help!
    My nephew and his girlfriend are staying together. They have a 19mth old son.
    This girlfriend has one child at age 13 that has been adopted years ago, her second child has been taken away from her by child welfare as huge court case went on for her child's feet burnt on top of a red hot stove. She blamed the carer and the child is still not given back to her and in foster care. We heard recently there is another child out there . My nephew wants to get out of the relationship as she is very abusive and mental abuse is happening. We are worried about the child now. ON what grounds can he have full custody? Isn't there enough evidence she can't look after kids?
    The child screams till late hours while she performs rants and raves at my nephew. She is bi polar as well which this disease does not stand up in court to her behaviour. We are in process of getting a character reference from her social welfare dealing with her foster child.
    She is now trying to get custody of her child which was removed. She bought an engagement ring just to fool the courts of a happy life she is living . She now wants my nephew to marry her so he can adopt the child in custody! He refuses and gets mental abuse daily in front of her screaming child. He wants out of the relationship. He is 28 yrs old and she is 30. Very minipulative . She also has a habit of weed smoking and while breastfeeding . If she demands he go buy it and he refuses all hell breaks loose. Now he has started recording her explosive curses on his cell phone for evidence in court.
    Is there a route he should go as in see the child welfare first (as he doesn't want his son removed from him, just his girlfriend ) or see a family court with attourney to get custody .
    The child has his surname and they not married.
    Also what concerns me is the child welfare or social welfare have never contacted the family that surround them to ensure her other child is coming to a stable home. I feel sorry for the kids in society if the welfare are not doing this and getting fooled by couples assuming to be living healthy lifestyles .
    Please help and give advice. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfallgall View Post
    Hi there
    It seems we search for soo many sites to get help !!
    My nephew and his girlfriend are staying together. They have a 19mth old son.
    This girlfriend has one child at age 13 that has been adopted years ago, her second child has been taken away from her by child welfare as huge court case went on for her childs feet burnt on top of a red hot stove. She blamed the carer and the child is still not given back to her and in foster care. We heard recently there is another child out there . My nephew wants to get out of the relationship as she is very abusive and mental abuse is happening. We are worried about the child now. ON what grounds can he have full custody ?? Isnt there enough evidence she can't look after kids ??
    The child screams till late hours while she performs rants and raves at my nephew. she is bi polar as well which this disease does not stand up in court to her behaviour. We are in process of getting a character reference from her social welfare dealing with her foster child.
    She is now trying to get custody of her child which was removed. She bought an engagement ring just to fool the courts of a happy life she is living . She now wants my nephew to marry her so he can adopt the child in custody !! He refuses and gets mental abuse daily in front of her screaming child. He wants out of the relationship. He is 28 yrs old and she is 30. Very minipulative . She also has a habit of weed smoking and while breastfeeding . If she demands he go buy it and he refuses all hell breaks loose. Now he has started recording her explosive curses on his cell phone for evidence in court.
    Is there a route he should go as in see the child welfare first (as he doesnt want his son removed from him, just his girlfriend ) or see a family court with attourney to get custody .
    The child has his surname and they not married.
    Also what concerns me is the child welfare or social welfare have never contacted the family that surround them to ensure her other child is coming to a stable home. I feel sorry for the kids in society if the welfare are not doing this and getting fooled by couples assuming to be living healthy lifestyles .
    Please help and give advice. thank you

If the child is in immediate danger he contacts Child Protective Services and tells them what he knows. He then goes to Family Court and files a petition for full custody. He needs to PROVE that the mother is a danger to the child.

It does not matter if the child has his surname. DNA testing will probably be ordered to prove he is the father.

The way your nephew gets out of the relationship is he gets up and walks out. I don't understand why this is problematical for him.

IF recording people without their knowledge is illegal in your State he is committing a felony.

Did he have a child with her knowing her history and habits?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
    There is never anything for sure in child custody, all he can do is leave and file.

He has to file for it, and prove with evidence the abuse of the child, prove that she has disorders that she will not treat that endangers the child.
    And not statements, but as many witness that will appear in court and testify
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2012, 08:29 AM
    He should get an attorney to do this right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are grounds to change a shared custody agrement to me having primary custody? [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father is teaching my son to lie and that it is OK to give up. Two weeks ago my sons father wasn't watching the boy that was playing with my son. The two boys managed to light a shed on fire and part of the back wall to the trailer they live in. This is one of many incidents that lead me to...

Can the mother get full custody after giving up full custody to the father? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife had recently got a divorce from her husband on grounds that she was unhappily married to him, and she had given full custody to the father because she did not have a way to support the kids. She did not want to give full custody to the father but had no choice at the time. The kids love...

Is an eviction grounds for custody change? [ 1 Answers ]

Ex received eviction notice yesterday, and since my last attempt of modification was denied with the judge stating that 27 days absent from school is not substantial enough and that my 6 yr old son having 1,000.00 dentist bill is my ex meeting the child's needs. Will his eviction be grounds for...

Legal grounds to change custody agreement [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently in middle of divorce. My soon to be ex is now living with his girlfriend(they tell everyone fiancee) who is pregnant with his child(assumedly) and her 2 monor children. My 15 year old son and 12 yearold daughter live there as well. I have shared custody of both my daughter lives with...

On What grounds can a father obtain sole custody? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new here, I am hoping for a little support for a stressfull situation my family and I are in. A little history... I have a 21 y/o sister who is a single mother of a 20 month old boy. She is getting child support for the child, however the father has not had any contact with the baby. My...

View more questions Search