Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelamor21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 07:16 AM
    Make enough money to stay at home
    I would like to have a job that would make enough for my bills but still be able to stay at home with my children?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 5, 2012, 07:17 AM
    Wouldn't we all..

What strengths can you bring to such a role ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Me too.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 07:38 AM
    When you find that job could you please tell me where to apply?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2012, 08:03 AM
    With the little you wrote, you seem to be a good typist. Are there high schools and colleges near you? Students often need term papers typed. At universities, grad students need theses and dissertations typed. If you do any editing, your fee goes up accordingly.

When I was home raising two sons, I did medical typing and typing for area students. Back then, I had to drive to the schools or medical offices to pick up work, but now with computers, nearly everything can be done electronically.

I also wrote for publication and got paid for it. Your public library has writers' guides available (and they are also online) to tell you editors' names, publication needs, fee paid.

Would any of this interest you?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2012, 05:51 AM
    I sell on eBay. Each listing takes many minutes to take pictures, load them, describe the item, weigh it, make sure I have boxes and padding and tape, and handle the sale. All for a SMALL profit IF all goes well. Many stay at home parents do the same. It's very competitive and you must study and be attentive as you would for any career. There's nothing easy about it, and a lot can go wrong. But it helps get rid of stuff around the house, and end of season sales saved for the next year, or after a holiday.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2012, 05:53 AM
    There are opportunities for answering phones, there are tutoring students both in US / Canada but using skype world wide. We tutor US students in subjects from China,
    There are surveys ( many are scams) but some do pay, now it may only be 30 dollars a week, but every dollar adds up.

Many people buy and sell on eBay.

So much depends on your skills
    wealthmagnet Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Same here, I'm a mom with 1 son but since I cannot legally work as a nurse here in Canada for my papers are not still on process, I decided to start doing some online business and it's great! There's a lot of legit homebased business online :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to move back home with son, but ex is fighting it! Can they make me stay here? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my ex has joint legal custody of our 6 yr. old son. I have physical custody and he has always been with me. We have a very strong bond. My ex has every other weekend visitation. So it's approx. 48 days a year. I have no family here and struggling here to provide for my kid's. I want to go...

Should I leave my 20 year marriage & how when I stay home w/ kids and have no money? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I were high school sweethearts who married at 17 because I became pregnant. We are coming up on our 20th anniversary next month. We have 7 boys from ages 19 to 18 months. We have had a very stressful year that has put a lot of stress on our marriage, more so than ever before. I...

What are some ways you make money from home? [ 6 Answers ]

I started my own homebased business a year and a half ago and I've had really great success with it. I would love to hear how others are SUCCESSFULLY making money in a home-based business. Thanks and have a great day!!

View more questions Search