Ask
    polyperkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 05:35 AM
    My PC will not play my cd discs
    My PC will not play my cd disc
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 05:41 AM
    What kind of discs are they? Are they commercial music CDs or are they ones that you've burned?
    polyperkins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Commercial
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 05:44 AM
    What happens after you pop the discs into the computer? Any error messages or dialog boxes?

Can the CD/DVD player play any discs?
    gtrsteve Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Have you tried using a good CD/DVD player cleaner disc?
    herboren Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
    You need to find out if other CD's can be read, to narrow out whether the ROM can read/write. It's a possibility it could be: Brand of disk, ROM read/write head, loose cable (can still have power data cable was loose), faulty device, bad driver. Put a music CD in and see if the CD plays at all, if not, bad ROM, if it does play then the write head could be damaged or no longer working. If these are the same CD's you have used before, then invest into another CD/RW ROM they are only $30 or less, if it is a Laptop, it might cost a bit more but still just as easy to install, seek further help from your manufacturers manual for ROM installation on a laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the reasons I cannot play Blu-Ray Discs on my computer with Windows 7? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the reasons I cannot play Blu-Ray Discs on my computer with Windows 7? I heard it has something to do with codecs which Microsoft chose not to include. If I bought a Blu-Ray player and do not have the disc that came with it, what type of software can I use to watch Blu-Ray Discs?

Laptop does not play or recognize DVDs or CDs when I insert discs [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing happens when I insert a DVD or CD into the DVD/CD disc drive on my laptop. It makes a sound like it is about to play it, but then nothing happens. I open "My Computer" and all it shows is the C Drive. Also, throughout the day the DVD/CD drive randomly opens even if I have no disc in...

Optical drives play cds, but won't play most dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Both of my optical drives will play cds, games etc. but most of the time when I pop in a dvd, I get a message from Microsoft saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close, and the dvd will not play. The error number is 1000. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! ...

View more questions Search