Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
    You can lose 10 kilograms in a month if you cut out carbohydrates from your diet. Carbohydrates are complex and when they break down, they become plainly sugar in our body. Fruits has fructose, so, avoid any fruits too. If you want to drink coffee with cream, make sure it's sugar-free because the cream itself has carbohydrates. Eat only protein and fats to turn your body into a fat-burning machine.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
    This iperson is 17, still growing. Your "advice" is both foolish and dangerous.

You are advising someone 17, someone whose health history is unknown to you, to avoid fruit, not eat carbs?
    miss_a90 Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Although I agree with all the above answers in that 10kg is a ridiculously large amount of weight to lose in such a short time, for you're health more than anything else, I do also feel for you as you want to lose weight for you're brothers wedding.
    I'm going to give you a few tips that will help you lose weight, but please adjust your goal weight loss because you will certainly be disappointed when you don't reach it.

First of all, DO NOT TRY fad diets on the internet. They promise results that they can't deliver and any weight you do lose gets put straight back on when you go back to you're normal lifestyle.

Secondly, you need to cut out all of the obvious stuff;
    - any soda or fizzy drink that isn't diet
    - chocolate
    - sweets
    - junk food (takeaways, oven pizzas, chips, crisps etc.)

Thirdly, you need to adjust your relationship with food. Most people think that to lose weight you need to cut down on your intake, but really all you need to do is change what foods you're eating, so here's some alternatives:
    - switch from white bread to wholemeal bread, and white rice to brown rice; not necessarily because it has less calories but because it fills you up for longer so you'll need to eat less to feel the same fullness, and it will prevent you from snacking
    - ALWAYS make sure you have three meals a day. Most people believe that cutting out breakfast or lunch will help them lose weight because yes, you're physically eating less calories, but when you miss meals, you're body tends to hold onto any calories or fat you do consume, so you will actually gain weight. So for breakfast, have a bowl of healthy cereal or porridge, along with a couple of pieces of fruit (also, if you don't already, try and drink skimmed milk, as in my opinion when it's mixed into coffee or cereal it tastes the same).
    - Try and pack as many vegetables into your meals as possible. So for example, if you're having stir-fry for tea, use less meat and noodles, and pack it full with veg. Everything will taste nice in the sauce anyway, but it'll be much healthier.
    - If it's possible, try and make it so you have you're largest meal of the day (normally the meal people have in the evening) during the daytime, say for your lunch. This way, you still have the rest of the day to work off some of the calories rather than having a large meal and then sitting in front of the television or going to bed.
    - Another thing I've found helpful when trying to lose weight is, wherever I can, replacing carbohydrates with something else. I'm not saying never eat bread or pasta, but if you're the kind of person who has toast for breakfast, pasta for lunch and potatoes for dinner, try and cut down on some of them as eating too many won't help you lose weight. If you do want to eat carbs, try and include them in your larger meal at lunchtime, and stick to veg or a big salad for your dinner.
    - drink as much water as you can, trying to replace as many other drinks as you can with it.

Finally, exercise. It's hard if you're not used to it but you'll very quickly get into a routine. The best exercises for all over weight loss are running and swimming. Other exercises tend to target only one specific area, so these would be the best for you right now.

Like I said at the beginning, you'll only disappoint yourself if you set your goal at 10kg a month, but these tips will certainly help you to lose weight.

Good luck!
    lemarkstaurt Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Its not possible to lose so much of weight. But you lose up to 6 kg. I for one lost 18 kg in 4 months, but it was'nt healthy and it all happened cause of change of work and a new city.
    Weight loss regime shouldn't be a workout regime along with some diet plan. But actually it should be a change in lifestyle which would lead to weight loss. You can do some simple steps to lose weight.

1. Have more fruits & vegetables over sweets, cold drinks, dough nuts, fried food etc.
    2. Have as much coffee as you can (but still not so excessive)
    3. Eat lots of dry fruits
    4. Have spicy food which is most manageable.
    5. Drink a glass of milk before sleep and have a lemonade made of lukewarm water and honey early morning when you get up
    6. Avoid elevators and escalators & try using stair case as much as possible.
    7. Drink more water & avoid other forms of cold based beverages
    8. Have a heavy break fast, skip lunch & if possible have less for dinner.
    9. Try doing simple exercises such as crunches, push ups, skipping etc whatever is possible.
    miss_a90 Posts: 32, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2012, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lemarkstaurt View Post
    Its not possible to lose so much of weight. But you lose up to 6 kg. I for one lost 18 kg in 4 months, but it was'nt healthy and it all happened cause of change of work and a new city.
    Weight loss regime shouldn't be a workout regime along with some diet plan. But actually it should be a change in lifestyle which would lead to weight loss. You can do some simple steps to lose weight.

1. Have more fruits & vegetables over sweets, cold drinks, dough nuts, fried food etc.
    2. Have as much coffee as you can (but still not so excessive)
    3. Eat lots of dry fruits
    4. Have spicy food which is most manageable.
    5. Drink a glass of milk before sleep and have a lemonade made of lukewarm water and honey early morning when you get up
    6. Avoid elevators and escalators & try using stair case as much as possible.
    7. Drink more water & avoid other forms of cold based beverages
    8. Have a heavy break fast, skip lunch & if possible have less for dinner.
    9. Try doing simple exercises such as crunches, push ups, skipping etc whatever is possible.
    I agree with all of the points above apart from skipping lunch and having a small dinner. If it's about lifestyle change surely it needs to be something that can be done everyday rather than just for a short period to lose weight, and skipping meals is not a healthy option
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
    I see frivolous diet plans above that wouldn't work to loose 10kg in a month and I see reasonable answers giving you warnings

Weather its dangerous or not its not my decision or my body so a crash diet for 10 days and than very small portions for 5 meals a day along with vigorous cardio

This will drop up to 18 lbs (alot in water weight)

WARNING:This is very dangerous may cause dehydration and may cause you to pass out more than once in the 30 days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lose 10 kgs weight in 1 month without exercise [ 9 Answers ]

Hi... I am 23 yrs old... I want to lose 10 kgs weight in 1 monthwithout ny exercise?? I have no time to do exercise? Suggest me a diet plan for that.waiting for your rep soon:)

How can I lose 10 kgs in a 1month?I really need to lose 10 kgs in a 1 month for my [ 3 Answers ]

Marriage.*** help me ***.give me some diet and excersice videos.

How can I lose 20 kgs in 2 months [ 4 Answers ]

hey I am a 17 year old girl , I'm 5'2 n my weight is 74 kgs right now =$ I got to lose min 20 kgs in two months! Is that possible? Please help me out with an exercise plan... n a diet plan...

How do I lose 10 kgs in 10 days? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it possible to lose 10 kgs in 10 days and if so, how do I do that?

Need to lose 20 kgs in 2 months [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 34, female, india. I'm 5 '8 and weigh 100 kgs. I need to lose at least 20 kgs in 2 months. Please help

View more questions Search