Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
    First Date
    I'm going on my first ever first date, is there any specific criteria or concerns that would help me? I would appreciate any comments and wisdom from experiences both good and bad.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
    How old are you?

How old is she?

Where did you meet her?
    lyn1106 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 07:47 PM
    :) All I can say is be yourself... the rest will follow... if it is meant to be it will happen... I know lame but it is so true... have fun and enjoy yourself.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Relax.

It isn't the This-Determines-The-Rest-Of-Your-Life-Test.

If it isn't fun or it doesn't give you a scar, it isn't worth doing anyway.

Don't try to be someone you are not. You'll set yourself up for a fall.

Do try to have fun. As in be relaxed and enjoy yourself. If you don't connect, so what? There will be another date another time. Best thing you can do is enjoy the experience. Be open minded. Don't make this more than it is.

You are meeting a person for a date. Nothing earth shattering. Be kind and nice and thoughtful... and have fun, if I haven't said it enough times.

I've wasted enough dates trying to do the "right thing". If only I would have not made it into something it was not.

This isn't the biggest date of your life. It's the first.

You learned to ride a bike by falling down. Its part of the process. This is absolutely no different.
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
    We both are 23 years old. I originally met her in high school as classmates, but asked her out when we both got stuck waiting for traffic at a stop sign, me on my bicycle and her in her car.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:47 PM
    OK, good - old enough to drive...

Do not over-gel your hair.
    Over iron your clothes.
    Or overthink the date.

Have fun... like it's... a guy... where is it fun?! Don't think about closing the deal or making a big impression.

Just be yourself... sound corny. It's powerful to be confident. Really.
    Like yourself and make sure you let her know in little ways you like... HER.

Have fun. And ask her for examples of what kind of food she likes before you go and say you'll take care of the rest...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Treat her like a Lady.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 09:21 PM
    My advice is not to think to far into the future. In fact think that nothing is going to come of this because that eases the pressure you put on yourself. Act as though she's just another one of the guys that your hanging out with. If you start to get nervous or second guessing something you want to say or said just think "one of the guys." Also don't be afraid to tease her in a playful way. Don't go overboard and be a jerk but don't put her on some pedestal either. If she says something that's sounds weird or is funny tell her something like "that may fly at home but your out in public with me know, If your gonna be seen with me, you have you on your best behavior." Say stuff like that as a joke, you can't be serious about it. In fact unless she moves the coversation to something serious I would not try to be serious about anything. You want to seem fun and be fun. The reality is she already thinks your fun or funny because of the way you asked her out. That's outstanding and beats being picked up at a bar. She's already into you because she said she'd go out so DON'T push any further. Just treat her like a friend and if she's interested she'll make another move to get closer to you or to go out again. You've done everything great so far so I have no doubt you can continue. Good luck and keep us updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never had a date [ 9 Answers ]

I have a probleme getting date you know I'm a little on the chubby side but I think of myself as curvy because I'm nopt that big a little shy and I'm a nice girl I'm 18 never had a date and I wuld really like one I don't know what I am doing wrong guys just think of me as a friend? So I don't know...

I want to date her again. [ 44 Answers ]

I was in high school (12th grade) when I dated a girl from work (3 years older than me) whom I was really good friends with for over a year. I was the happiest person alive when we dated. However towards the end of the relationship, which lasted for about 10 months, she always got extremely...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

How do I ask her on a date? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question on how I can ask this girl on a date. There is this girl in my youth ministry group (church thing) that I have a huge crush on. She hasn't gone there in awhile, but I found that she works at a mexican restaurant. So of course it becomes my favorite place to eat. That is the only...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search