Ask
    wedosic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Scars how to make them go away

I need help getting my scars to go away it really bothers me a lot
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I moved your post from the introduction area to the medical area.

The introduction area is for introducing yourself. Take time and go back there and tell us about yourself.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Where are the scars on your body?

Are they keloid scars (raised)?

What are they from?
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Bio oil, it works wonders on scars. My daughter had to have surgery on her face as a toddler and I used bio oil on her scar and it completely disappeared.
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
    What is bio oil? I have not heard of that. I have old scars I would like to get rid of. I have tried Mederma, and it worked somewhat, but not completely.

Does it work on old scars too?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Bio Oil hasn't been launched in the states properly as yet but its been here for years dr's here give it to patients that have had breast enlargement and things like that I use it for stretch marks it rocks.

.: Bio Oil :.

Mar 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Bio oil is a wonderful natural product that you can get in the uk (so could probably get it imported through eBay or somewhere like that) It can be used on old and new scars and stretchmarks and it basically makes the disappear when used every day. I find it amazing so many americans have never heard of it, it is amazing.
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Oh, you know I love you Laura! :p

Mar 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I have just had a quick look on US eBay and it is on there! It is not cheap, but much cheaper than surgery and it is worth every penny!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Look at the website it tells you where its been launched in the states this month in fact but ill get you some just means your parcel won't go till the beginning of the month j my love.
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I like using shea butter...
    I add some lavender essential oil to it and it seems to really be mellowing out some of the newer and the older scars...

Best wishes,
    Bek
    http://clevergirl.etsy.com
    ekellygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 03:41 PM
    BIO OIL IS EMU OIL. I live in southern California and have seen it in health food stores and pharmacies. To me it does have a bit of a strong smell if that would factor in for anyone. I myself am looking for the best product for a surgery scar on my spine that got a MRSA staff infection in it. 6 weeks later it had to be reversed so the surgery and all it entailed (3 months of IV antibiotics, ) was a complete waste and what a nightmare!. Left me with a very wide ugly scar that covers 2/3 of my spine and a 4" scar on my abdomen. If you suspect an infection after surgery get to a hospital FAST and be tested no mattter what your doctor says.
    ekellygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2013, 03:56 PM
    I live in southern California and have seen it in health food stores and pharmacies. I myself am looking for the best product for a surgery scar on my spine that got a MRSA staff infection in it. 6 weeks later it had to be reversed so the surgery and all it entailed (3 months of IV antibiotics, ) was a complete waste and what a nightmare!. Left me with a very wide ugly scar that covers 2/3 of my spine and a 4" scar on my abdomen. If you suspect an infection after surgery get to a hospital FAST and be tested no mattter what your doctor says.[/QUOTE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Old Age Scars! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys! I need your help, I have a 17 yrs. Old scars on my right lower arm, I was only 12 yrs. Old when an accident happened... I threw away the burning oil from a frying pan but unfortunately the splash of burning oil went directly into my right arm and it resulted to a more than 20 round and...

Acne scars [ 3 Answers ]

I have acne scars, ice pick kind all over my cheeks and some on my forehead. I have never had cystic acne and my acne never used to leave any scars until about 9 months ago when I started using birth control pills for my acne I used ortho tri cyclen for 6 months which made my acne worse then I...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

View more questions Search