mbrougham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Reasonable fee for Power of Attorney
    P/a
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrougham View Post
    I am a Power of Attorney for financial and health/housing for a non-family member. THe POA states that I can be paid a reasonable fee for my services. What is a reasonable fee? I am having to miss work taking vacation and unpaid leaves and spend several weekends/mo to manage health and housing issues. I am being reimbursed for travel expenses but what about my time?

Where? It matters.

It is recommended that the parties have an agreement about fees - what you consider "reasonable" may not be my idea of "reasonable." That's where problems start.

Why do you have a P/A for a non-family member? P/A can be land mines.

In NY P/A's go to Court regularly to establish fees, particularly if the person dies and heirs get involved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 04:22 PM
    A Power of Attorney is merely someone that signs for another person, if they are not present or can not sign.

Are you doing more than this ? Are you also a care taker, It is not a power of attorney duties to manage anything. Merely sign or do the business for the other person. If you are taking them to doctors, you are transporting not P/A
    Deanna4286 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 09:30 AM
    What are reasonable fees for power of attorney in the state of Georgia?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna4286 View Post
    What are reasonable fees for power of attorney in the state of Georgia?
    This should really be in a new thread.

Are you asking about how much the person appointed with a POA (who would be called an "attorney-in-fact") should be paid? It depends on his or her skills, and on how complex the tasks to be performed are. I don't know if the attorney-in-fact is entitled to anything, unless agreed by the principal beforehand.

Or are you asking how much is reasonable for an attorney at law to charge for drafting a POA?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a fee you can charge being a power of attorney? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a fee you can charge for being a power attorney?

Fee to be a power of attorney [ 2 Answers ]

I am the POA for my father in-law while he is locked up. In the POA it says that the agent (that would be me) should be reasonable compensated for there time, travel, and any other expenses. I am just wondering what is reasonable in MD?

Fee for being Power of Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

A sister and myself are co-power of attorney for another sister. Can we charge a fee? If so, how much? Does this vary by state? The POA was done in Pennsylvania. Thanks

What is a reasonable fee for Tax Work? [ 6 Answers ]

What would be a reasonable fee to pay a consultant (CPA) whose work resulted in saving an organization (501c7) approximately 1 million dollars in tax liability based on his negotiating with the IRS? Should it be a commission based on the amount saved or a set fee? Also what if that consultant is...

View more questions Search