Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJJustice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 03:14 AM
    Periodic stabbing foot pain
    On the top right side of my right foot about halfway back I would from time to time get a quick stabbing pain. Starting last night it's frequency ranges from every few seconds to every few minutes. Ouch! Any ideas of what's causing it?
    wolfboy Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Oct 19, 2006, 03:18 AM
    It could be a possible bone spur
    Foot Thing Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Nov 6, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJustice
    On the top right side of my right foot about halfway back I would from time to time get a quick stabbing pain. Starting last night it's frequency ranges from every few seconds to every few minutes. Ouch! Any ideas of what's causing it?
    Ligaments might be cramping... tweaking nerve bundles. Could be the onset of Plantar Fasciitis.

Doctors have known for years that the alternate application of heat and cold coupled with massage to sore and inflamed tissue relieves pain, reduces swelling and promotes healing. The problem has always been how to massage with heat and follow immediately with cold massage.

You might try this foot therapy device, Foot Thing. Sounds silly, but it really works. It uses heat therapy to increase circulation, cold therapy to reduce swelling and massage to knead out dense tissue issues.

Useful for: Heel Spurs, Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Pain, Strains, Countless Foot Ailments and just Tired/Aching Feet.

Best of Success!
    Foot Thing
    rick walters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 10:33 PM
    Pain in Right Foot,

I hope to find the answer and possible cause of the pain I often times feel on the right hand side of my right foot. The pain seems to concentrate to the three toes on my right foot. Sometimes the pain burns, have numbness without no discoloration. Sometimes the pain is so painful I cannot walk. The only way I get relief from the pain is to take my shoe off and grasp my right three toes and bend them up and down. It seems when I do this I can feel what seems to be the ligiments moving and then the pain is instently gone. It seems that the pain develops whenever I wear shoes, and it does not matter what kind, tennis, hiking boots or closed toes mens sandles. Does anyone have any comments.
    nottadoctor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJustice
    I don't have the answer, but I share the same symptoms that you've concisely stated. I don't think any of the "answers" yet apply. Maybe it's a pinched nerve or something? I have had these in the past, they come and go. I tend to park my foot in awkward positions when I'm not thinking about it, maybe this is the cause?

Let me know if you find the correct diagnosis!
    cennet Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Could be tendinitis
    mommytothree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I feel your pain

4 months ago I stepped on a sewing needle and ever since I have been having so much pain in my 2nd and 3rd right toe the pain in so bad sometimes it makes me cry and just this past week the pain is now in the side of my foot and the pain stabs and throbs and when I get up in the morning I can barely walk, the pain hurts so much I can't even wear runnning shoes any helpful hints.
    stevejoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:27 PM
    It could possibly be a small cyst or ad-morality inside your nerve column in your back... these can come and go on their own. They put pressure on the nerves running through the column in lyour back and can effect your feet. They can cause numbness and pain. The pain can start for no apparent reason and stop just as abruptly after days, weeks or even months.
    Nair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
    I have similar throbbing pain on my feet and it troubles me most during the early morning hours at about 2.00 am. I apply cold compress ( I keep several wet but squeezed dry tea towels in the freezer) on the pain and it provides me relief and allows me to sleep.
    SLG5806 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 04:12 AM
    Ad-morality? Try 'abnormality'... Seeing as how nobody here seems to even know how to spell, I wouldn't trust their knowledge of "nerve columns" or anything else they claim to know about these ailments. Doctors wouldn't be so pricey if just any Joe Shmoe had the knowledge to diagnose and repair these types of problems.
    drsquirrel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Gout. Are you a drinker sir?
    Jan_Marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 01:27 PM
    This happened to me last year... I had a swollen ankle too... Went to docs thew the hospital to find it was a blood clot... 6 month on warfarin seems OK now .
    Flatcat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 12:21 AM
    A week ago I started having severe stabbing pain about 1 inch back from the pinki on my right foot. The two nights ago it would not go away. It felt like an ice pick being stuck into my foot - lasted for about 1-2 seconds and then nothing for about 10-15 seconds. Then another stab. This went on for two days - no sleep. Yesterday I managed to slip in to a DPM. He took x-rays - no problem indicated. During the examination he identified very tender/sore streak from the point the pain occurred to about 2 inches toward the back of the foot. I had severe siatic nerve problems a year ago that were resolved. He stated that the top of the foot is served by a different nerve path and not the siatic.

The treatment was: spray the whole strip with really cold stuff, inject a mixture of anesthetic and cordozone. (sorry about the spelling) Since I had this very well established pain duration and time between shots of pain, his theory was to break the pain cycle by essentially temporarly disabling the nerve. Makes the right side of the foot numb. I also took 10MG of Diazepam. Tried to go to sleep last night but the pain persisted. Picked up ibuprofen and took 600mg (perscription strength) and Max-Freeze on recommendation of the pharmcist. After about an hour I was able to get to sleep for almost 7 hours. Woke up due to stabbing pain again but not so much. Tapered off during the day. Tonight there is no pain, no twitching along the nerve, and all feels normal. This might be the first full nights sleep in two weeks.

I think his theory about breaking the cycle was spot on. His speciality is foot surgery so I have confidence that he knows what he is talking about.

So far - so good. I am still puzzeled how the body can set up a periodic pain for 1-2 seconds and make it happen every 10-15 seconds for hours on end. I would really like to understand how this happends and why.
    Linda715 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 07:42 AM
    I hve stabbing pain on the right side of my right food every second very painful,I'm just sitting with no pressure on my feet,I'm wondering why is this happening?
    earth7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 10:44 PM
    If you are still suffering from this (I have the same issue in my left foot), maybe look into acupuncture, as specific recurring pains like that may be related to meridians. I'm just now looking into it and found your post :) I realize it's been awhile but if you've found anything else do let me know! All the best.
    Dianedelamancha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
    I have developed this same stabbing pain in the top of my right foot after starting a walking program. First bought Arnicare gel made of arnica Montana which helped at first. Today I bought Neuragen cream which stops the pain from swelling and irritated tissues. But still feel stabbing pain every few seconds. Going to try the hot and cold and massage now.
    Dianedelamancha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 06:09 PM
    I saw the Max Freeze at the pharmacy next to the arnica cream and Neuragen cream. I was afraid it would feel hot like Ben-gay cream. I may buy that tomorrow if the heating pad and ice don't help me
    starbrd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 06:49 PM
    It could be gout
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2012, 06:52 AM
    I have been told yesterday I have planter fasciitis but its more under your foot but I do get stabbing pains especially at night when feet are resting. I was told hot or cold treatments help, even soaking feet in warm to hot water is relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stabbing Right Side Back Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to the ER twice last week with severe stabbing pain on my right side / back. I had an ultra sound of the kidneys / gall bladder / liver / spleen. also a CT scan of the chest & a thorasic spine X-ray. All came up negative except for the spine Xray: result was slight arthritus of the...

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Side of foot pain [ 10 Answers ]

I am having pain on my right foot on the side. It is painful if I walk a lot and with certain shoes. Even aerobic sneakers make it painful

Periodic "gushing" noise in main water line [ 1 Answers ]

In my basement, the main water line comes in through one of the basement walls. I don't think I've heard this before, but periodically, I hear water rushing noises coming from the line. When I go down to the basement, it's like water is rushing in, stopping, then rushing in, etc... Could be...

View more questions Search