Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Tutor
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an online tutoring service.
    I go to school in Poland (not one of my better decisions in life.. but I'm young and stupid as they say) and could really use help with pathology and pathophysiology, or even just USMLE prep. I've found a few, but I don't really know if I can trust them or not. I would do Kaplan prep but seeing as it's $3000 a whack I'd rather find someone else...

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an online tutoring service.
    I go to school in Poland (not one of my better decisions in life..but I'm young and stupid as they say) and could really use help with pathology and pathophysiology, or even just USMLE prep. I've found a few, but I don't really know if I can trust them or not. I would do Kaplan prep but seeing as it's $3000 a whack I'd rather find someone else...

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

I realize you are a pre-Med student from the US (from your other threads). Why Poland? I'm surprised you got into pre-Med with problems in pathology and pathophysiology.

I've known people who used Kaplan and were very pleased with the results - not so much with anything else.

I can't imagine being English-speaking, studying medicine in another language!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Tutor.com is trustworthy. Check out their site to see if they have a tutor to help you in the subject areas you desire.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 02:55 AM
    Actually I'm now in my second year of med school (boy how time does fly). Patho and pathophys are not pre-requisites for pre-med in the states and this is the first time I'm taking them. I did well in my first year, but I would prefer to be on my A-game this year too.
    Poland is cheaper than most places and I didn't have the money to pay what the US schools want -and the program is all in English (well it's supposed to be). The problem is that the price is reflective of the level of teaching... I'm not going to be prepared for anything at the rate we're going. And I need to pass the USMLE to get back in to the states, also I would prefer not to kill anyone because of my lack of knowledge.

Anyway, thanks for the advice I'll try tutor.com and see if they have anyone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 04:28 AM
    Well not killing someone is always a good thing. And yes 1000's of US students who either could not get into US med school or for costs go to various places ( more often some Island areas nearer US) And of course there are many places in the world you can still practice if you an not get admitted to the US) The trouble is the classes you want to get a tutor in. If it was algerba, or high school, even basic college classes.

Good Luck, nothing wrong with Poland, but yes, you do get what you pay for, so you have to study past what they teach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a cat tutor [ 3 Answers ]

How can we make a balance sheet

Cat tutor [ 2 Answers ]

Need Tutor For 7 yr Old [ 8 Answers ]

I need an inexpensive tuter for 7 yr old in 2nd but below 1st grade level at this time of year. HELP!!

View more questions Search