Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blundy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Kenmore Refrigerator ice maker doesn't work
    I have a Kenmore Refrigerator side by side and the ice maker just stop working. I can still get cold water from the water dispenser. Can you help me? BL
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Check the water valve for the icemaker located at the rea near bottom of unit. It will be a dual valve, one side for water to door and other side for the water to icemaker. It should have 300-500 ohms. If this is OK, the icemaker module is more than likely bad and eaiser to replace than to repair. Cost for module is approx $75. Cost of new icemaker approx $125-$150
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
    ALso check at back wall of freezer where ter inlet for icemaker is . Sometimes they will freeze up right there. IF so take your hair dryer and melt the ice ,you may have your Freezer controls set to high . ( EsquIREL) is right on his answer also, that is where I always go first, I just added this part in. F.B.E.
    J Schold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blundy
    I have a Kenmore Refrigerator side by side and the ice maker just stop working. I can still get cold water from the water dispenser. Can you help me? BL
    Please help
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Are you getting water into the mold? If not check the water valve. You can switch leads on the water valve. If you are getting water into the mold you may have to replace the module on the ice maker
    johnrupe1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Thank you very much , would the power going off for a short time have anything to do with it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Kenmore Ice Maker Doesn't Work [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore refrigerator with an ice maker in the freezer. It was owned by the previous house hold owner and has worked well. The freezer compartment has been overly full, not allowing good circulation. The wire for the ice maker was in a middle position, neither on nor off. We are having...

Ice maker on refrigerator does not work [ 1 Answers ]

Ice Maker Quit Working On Side By Side Kenmore Refrigerator. No Water In Automatic Tray? Any Suggestions To Check. Thanks,

Refrigerator Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

Originally my ice maker was making ice continuously even when the shut off arm was up. Now it won't work at all. Any ideas.

View more questions Search