Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Presleygall85 Posts: 50, Reputation: 6

Sep 18, 2006, 04:00 PM
    No period for 4 months but not pregnant?
    Ok here it is my best friend who I have known for 18 years at least ( since we were 2) has not had her period in 4 months but every time she takes a pregnancy test it comes up negative.. how can that be.. I mean she is a little on the heavy side and I am really concerned.. I try and try to make her go to the doctors but she refuses saying it costs too much and junk. I have been trying to get her to see at least a clinic or something, what do you think is wrong with her and how can I change her mind about the doctors?? HELP :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2006, 04:56 PM
    This could be totally stress related or hormone related.

One way to talk to your friend is to tell her this is the only body she will ever have and if she does not take care of it, it cannot always take care of itself. The doctor is the best one to help her in this respect.

I know it is expensive, especially without insurance, which many people don't have. She needs to have some tests done, like thyroid or hormone tests to make sure there are no other underlying problems.
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Sep 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
    Has this happened to her in the past? I naturally just don't have periods more than 2 or 3 times per year. I had to be put on hormone pills (didn't work) and now birth control pills just to have a period monthly. My doctor wrongly diagnosed me with polycystic ovary syndrome then found out that I don't have that, but she still can't tell me why I don't menstruate regularly on my own. I got my first period at age 11 and I am now 22 and not regular yet. =O
    rtdc Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Dec 8, 2006, 11:59 AM
    The same thing happened to my aunt she took pregnancy test after pregnancy test and they were negative but she went to the doctors and the did a blood test and it came out the she was 4 in half months pregnant now in some people the hormones don't show up in the urine and this has happened both times she was pregnant so if anything have her get a blood test to see if she is pregnant:)
    Jedi Master Levi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Are you using the pill or some other form of birth control? I learn't about this in Bio. If you are even taking those needle things it can delay and even stop your period from happening!
    chimelle10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
    She may have thyroiditis. Its basically a lack of thyroid hormones. It makes your period become irregular. I have not had a period in over a year because I cannot get my hormones straight. Your friend needs to see a doctor but it has been nice while its lasted :)
    FlyFamily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 11:14 AM

Franneh--What did they end up diagnosing you with? I have the same problem --and they never can make up their mind what's wrong with me---did they say you could have kids? That is my biggest concern...
    elliecharlton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 06:30 AM
    My last period was on christmas day 2009. So almost 5 months ago.. I've done around 6 pregnancy tests and they're all negative, my doctors said I might have this polycystic ovary thing, and I'm really worried I can't get pregnant as me and my partner have been trying for 5 months and still nothing!
    Askme89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 11:34 AM
    I am going through the same problem. I was on the pill for 5 years and decided to get off it because I wasn't sexually active anymore. I had my last period on the pill but have not had one in 4 months. I went to the doctor to get checked out and pregnancy test was negative and everything was okay "down there". The doctor told me it could just be my hormones balancing out due to the sudden chance off the pill. It could also be due to stress. He mentioned that many women go through this and some women don't start until 4 months, 6 months, or even a year after getting off the pill or any type of protection (besides condoms of course). He gave me meds to start my period and now I'm just waiting to start my period again so I can get back on the pill. I'm 21 years old and was irregular before. He said I might just be the type of women who will just need help getting pregnant in the future. The best thing to do is go to the doctor about stuff like this. I waited 4 months to go and got depressed thinking about what the problem could be. Don't stress out about it. If you think something is up, go see the doctor. The reason you're late might just be that your stressing yourself out about being late.
    Haseena123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 08:39 AM
    I am 25 suffering from irregular periods from starting of my cycle.From past four months it skipped.I am newly married and I am not pregnant.My ultrasound report says its normal and I don't have thyroid problems.I am really worried.Please give a right suggestion to solve this problem.
    missy669 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2011, 11:19 AM
    This is the same thing that has been happening to me as well and I want it solved anow that I read everyone else's I don't feel like I'm the only one me and my husband are trying to conceive and with no luck and with no peroids for 4 months it makes you think you are only to find out that I am not! Its sad... I just want it to be a positive.
    mrsbrown29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 07:47 AM
    I actually have this happening right now. After 6 negative pregacy tests and blood work done at the doctors I found out that I have an ovarian cyst. So far I've had no pain and I have only spotted 2 times in the past 4 months. Me and my husband are still intimate but are not trying to get pregnant. She should go to the dr, if it is a cyst and it ruptures it would be extreamly painful (so says my mother and sister who have both had this happen) Hope you can convince her to see a doctor. Good luck.
    erickaalf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Go to personalabs.com and buy a blood test for $35.00. Then you have to go to your nearest lab corp with your paper that you printed out once u've purchased the test and get your blood work done. Results come in within 1 to 3 days.

Its fast, easy and very cheap...
    husna anjum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 03:36 PM
    I am 34yrs from past 4 months 13 days I didn't get my periods I have done pregency test 3times but it is negative to get my periods I have took tablets also am I'm worried please suggest me
    husna anjum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by husna anjum View Post
    i am 34yrs from past 4 months 13 days i dint get my periods i have done pregency test 3times but it is negative to get my periods i have took tablets also am im worried plz suggest me
    What I must do please suggest me
    bouwie94love Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
    This same thing is basically happening to me . I haven't had a period in about 4 months. I was only on birth control for about 2 months and decided to stop taking it because of the quick weight gain. But I was still having regular periods even when I quit taking the pill it was just recently 4 months ago I missed. And I missed again. And I missed again. I took about 5 home pregnancy tests and they came out wrong. 2 negative blood tests. But I am having the common symptoms of pregnancy. I don't know what's wrong with me and its freaking me out and I am constantly gaining weight :(. Its actually starting to make me depressed. But this has never happened to me before. Not when I was on the pill. Not when I got off. And then all of sudden its happening. Can anyone help??
    Why so long and no period?
    biaface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2013, 12:27 PM
    I am 30 yrs old. I haven't taken any sort of birth control in over 4 years. I have never had a regular period (other than when I was on birth control), but in the last year it's become more regular than ever before. In fact, I had 4 periods in a row. I also started experiencing pms, cramps... all of the normal period symptoms that I hadn't normally had. Now, for some reason, I haven't had a period in almost 4 months. I had unprotected sex a week after my last period and have taken two pregnancy tests that were both negative. I don't feel pregnant at all, but I can't figure out why all of the sudden I'm very irregular again. Any idea?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'd like to know where I'll be in the next 6 months [ 7 Answers ]

Goodday my name is tolu I'm a male and I'd just like to know what and where I'll be in the next six months. Cheers

112 days since period but not pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and have been on birth control since 18 (when my period started). I was taking tri-cyclen 21. My husband and I recently decided we are going to try to have a baby:eek: (lol) So I went off the pill. The first month after I was off the pill my period came as expected (like when I was...

8 Months and no sex [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I need some advice on my girlfriend. We have been seeing each other for around 8 months now and I hate to admit it but we isn't had much of a physical relationship (were both 21). I'm quite shy and haven't had much experience with relationships.she knows this however its only ever myself who...

Can I still be pregnant even though I have my period [ 3 Answers ]

Okay here is the thing my hubby and I had a little booboo while umm well you know and the oops happened twice I was getting symptoms from my period when it happened but then they went a away all my period pains cramps hunger pans everything gone for about 5 days then out of nowhere I get my period....

3 Flu's in 2 Months [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, For the 3rd time in 2 months I have a flu. I work doing respite work with mentally disabled children and one of them had a flu when I was there last, however, I already had 2 other flus. I was wondering if this is normal, and if it isn't what could it be a sign of? Thanks

View more questions Search