Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bamafan225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 09:06 AM
    Murray mower starts, but won't move
    I have replaced the idler pulley on my murray mower. The mower will start, but will not go forward or reverse.. any suggestions on how to fix this?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Aug 2, 2012, 09:15 AM
    I would verify that the belt routing is correct. Next, can you push the mower when it is in nuetral? If not then the brake is stuck not letting the transaxle spin at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding mower won't charge the battery [ 2 Answers ]

I had to replace my battery on my Murray Select riding mower because I thought it was a goner. When I got the new battery installed the mower started right up like new and did fine for the first cut. The next week I go to cut the grass again and it won't start. Batterys completely drained again....

Craftsman riding mower starts but won't move [ 3 Answers ]

I went out and started my riding mower for the first time this year, but it won't move. Parking Brake is not engaged, purge procedure was done last year when I bought the mover and used it all summer. Help!

Lawn mower won't stay running after it starts for a minuite [ 1 Answers ]

A toro push lawn more when you prime it it will start but as soon as the gas from the primer is gone it shuts off I put in new primer bulb and cleaned the carb and replaced the gas and some times it just won't start at all getting spark just won't start

Riding Mower Starts, but won't Move [ 6 Answers ]

My son was mowing the lawn with our John Deere riding mower yesterday. It stalled on him and he pushed it back to the driveway. I got it started, but when you step on the gas, it doesn't move. Now the thing is stuck in the front yard and it started raining overnight! Any ideas? :confused:

Murray Riding Mower won't move [ 10 Answers ]

My Murray Riding Mower is 7 yrs old. When I last started the mower it started but does not move forward or backward. Can anyone asvise what could be wrong, e.g. transmission and is it worth repairing, or could it be repaired.

View more questions Search