Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makmom1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 01:07 PM
    1953 - 5 dollar bill red ink off-centered printing
    Hi I have searched and read previous posts regarding the $5 bill that is a 1953 B series with red ink. Mine also has United States Note written at the top and the Treasurer is Smith and Secretary is Dillon. N21 is in the bottom right-hand corner near the numeral 5 and there is an N under the numeral 5 in the upper left-hand corner. The serial number is C50308756A (in red and no stars or periods).

My question is if there is any significance to it being printed off-center. It rests near the top of the bill.

The bill itself is in pretty good shape. Definitely not crisp though. Thank you for your help.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:30 AM

Makmom1- This note sounds like it is a "ERROR" note;; without being able to see this note ,it would be hard to give you the right infor. :: To fiond the right opart of the book on error notes of different kinds of them ;; What wiould be a great help would be if you could post pictures of both side on this postand then I could see it and more then likely I could give you the answers;Waitingfor your reply;;Have a great day and GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Nov 12, 2009, 08:02 AM
    The back of the bill looks centered just fine. The front is off. Thanks for your help FBE. I appreciate it!
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 10:48 PM

Makmom1- Thank you for your quick reply and the pictures of the note in question, they turned out very good ; as far as jherlping you I was more then glad to ; I enjoy doing this; ;;
    I believe that what you are talbelHave a great night and GOD BLESS;;

Nov 13, 2009, 05:58 AM
    FBE - I'm unsure as to whether there was an answer in your reply email. If there was one, it seems it was cut off after your last sentence. Unless of course, I'm jumping the gun and you haven't time to respond yet, in which case, I will calmly wait for your reply. :-)

Thank you again
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 11:40 PM

Makmom1 - The $5.00 N0tE YOU HAVE IN
    Question .I believe that it is that the note was
    CUT that way from the 32or36 note cutter .;;After studying your pictures and the samples in my book IK do believe that it is what I said earlierI will not forget to mess around with this Questions and find the answer;; AND I WILL FIOND THE TRUE ANSWER:: Makmom one;; HAVE A GREAT NIGHT ,and have a good day tomorrow and GOD BLESS:: FG.B.E.
    blakec_457 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 04:49 PM
    I have dealing with U.S Notes like this for years and this is a tremendous Value I've known people to Pay $50,000 or more or less but people pay lost of money just for the red prints and for the misprints and being that you Have here a Double Wammy Rare Gem in Collectors Eyes by it having Both Misprint and Historic red print the value I cannot even Imagine would be through the roof if I were u I would Hold on to It till You have had multiple Experts Look at it in person if u go to Pawn Stars in vegas they will help appraise it or any gold/silver coin exchange business. Good Luck. Blake
    hollowbodyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
    I have a 1953 $5 bill with red ink. It is crisp! Couple of unusual things... It has small black line in the centre top that looks like an inking error. Also, the serial number that begins with a B is not centred, and the B appears more spaced apart from the numbers than all other bills.

Also, on my 1976 $2, the J in the serial number, on the right side of the bill, is set higher than the numbers and clearly does not match the J on the left side of the bill even though both numbers are the same.

Are these errors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Series 1953 Five Dollar Bill - Red Ink B under year [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1953 Five DOllar Bill. The bill is crisp and has a small piece missing from the upper right hand corner. The Ink is RED on the seal and serial # is C37401468A. Series 1953 B is listed on the right side near the Secretary of the Treasury signature. There is a Q 42 listed in the bottom left...

1953 two dollar bill, worth? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1953 two dollar bill in very goo condition. The bill is still very crisp. What is it worth? Thanks

Need to Know About 1953 Five Dollar Bill [ 6 Answers ]

That's funny, I came across this site because I googled a five dollar bill that sounds just like Angelos, except like the guy above me, mine says the Sec of Treasury is C. Douglas Dillion and the Treasurer is Elizabeth Rudel Smith. There are no stars on my serial number. It is a 1953 B series. ...

1953 $2 dollar bill [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a 1953 $2 dollar bill. It is an A series in red letter and numbers. Signed by Priest and Anderson. A 50633688 A. If anyone could tell me how much it is worth I would really be thankful. :) :confused:

1953 Dollar Bill [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1935 one dollar bill that doesn't even have In GOD We Trust on it, What is it worth today?

View more questions Search