Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tann143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
    First time offense shoplifting in nj
    Can someone please help me.. I live in nj and was caught shoplifting from shoprite.it was 30$ worth of merchandise .when I went.to court the prosecutor said they would drop the charge to a disorderly persons charge and I would pay a fine because I've never been in trouble before. When I went in front of the judge he.said I have to come.back to court with a public defender why is this happening? Why couldn't I have just paid a fine.I will never steal again I've nevet even been in trouble before please help me I'm also four months pregnant I'm scared to death right now
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Take the best deal they will offer you and don't steal again. That is probably what any reasonable attorney would suggest.
    omarmc1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 04:22 PM
    How it ended your case?

Regards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting second offense ! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I just recently got caught shoplifting for the second time and the law was involved both times. The first time I was sent to court and they put me in a community service thing, I live in Michigan, do you think they will make me do jail time?

1st time shoplifting offense [ 1 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting at Wal-Mart in West Virginia. The items were about $40. I am cared to death. I am 26 years old and have never been in any kind of trouble before. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression and have been trying to get an appointment to see a counsler for this.I...

First Time Offense Shoplifting [ 2 Answers ]

No luck eh

View more questions Search