Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy123456789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
    How to lose 50 pounds in a month free
    I am 13 years old and I weigh 190 pounds, this obviously can't be good for my health and it just doesn't look good. I want to be skinny like evry other girl I want to weigh about 120 pounds. I want to loose this weight before I go to camp so I can fit into a bikini. I need a fast and free way to loose weight. I have tried so many different ways and nothing seems to work.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
    NOT seriously possible.
    That is too much weight to lose in such a short space of time.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Curlyben is right lizzy, you can't lose 50 pounds in a month.

I can understand your wanting to lose weight, but you have to really think about it. You didn't gain the weight in a short period, right? You won't be able to lose in a short period either.

You can start making changes that will get you there however. First step is to speak to your parents, or whoever takes care of you, about what foods are being served. Since you likely eat what someone else is buying, asking for some healthy foods and drinks is going to be important. If other members of your family could lose some weight, it might be a good time to see if someone else will join you in your efforts to get in shape.

Be very, very careful if anyone tells you to go on some quick weightloss diet or to take some diet pills. You have to be smart about how you do this so that you can be sure of two things... 1) you will remain healthy as you lose the weight, and 2) you can keep the weight off. Most people who go with diet gimmicks end up putting the weight back on, only to take it off again, put it on again, and so on. This is very unhealthy for your body.

Find some activities that you like to do. Dance... sports... walk... bike riding... swimming, anything, just do it often. Every day would be the best. You can do things when you watch television. During commercials, march in place... work up to jumping jacks... then jump rope during commercials. Maybe a DVD of exercises put to fun music. You can find some online as well. You likely won't be able to do too much at first, but it will get easier if you keep at it.

Eat healthier food choices... no sodas. If you drink them it will take several days to break the habit. If you do have some goodies now and then, just limit it. For example, 2 cookies instead of 6. Go along shopping the next time and pick out foods you will eat. Fruits or veggies for snacks. Learn to read food labels. A good guide is that the food will not have more than 3 grams of fat for every 100 calories in it. Avoid any foods with trans-fats.

You won't be where you want to be if camp starts in a month, but you can be seeing a difference by the end of summer. Set small goals. A new size in jeans before school starts again for example.

The key is to go slow at first. Don't expect it to be easy, because it won't be. There will be days that you don't do as well as you know you should, just keep going. If you skip a couple of days, don't quit... just get going again. Try to keep at it for a few months and you will see that your old habits will start to change.
    YouMeAtSix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
    What DoulaLC said is completely right. I'm 13 and I weigh 183 pounds. Next month my school is doing a field trip to a swim club and I want to lose a ton of weight before it, so I look good in front of everyone. I thought that way for the longest time. Months went by and I got in such a bad habit of eating and eating and eating. I would eat whenever I was bored and that was the worst for me. This month I have decided to stop snacking completely. I want to lose a lot of weight, as do you but I know that pills and starving myself won't work. It takes time and even though I won't look amazing at the swim club field trip, I'll be happy with how I look.
    The first step is to have self-confidence. If you sit in a corner all day and say boohoo poor me(not literally) then nothing is going to change. You need to have that perseverance and drive to keep going. If you mess up one day, who cares. You can always pick up the next day. Just keep going, don't give up and never give in to all the pictures of twig like girls out there. Truth is, half of them aren't happy with how they look. More than half of them, wish they had the that you have or the boobs that you have. "Skinny" people get self-conscious too and sometimes they don't always have as much fun as they appear to be having. Being "skinny" is not the best thing in the world.
    Next, to help you out a bit, set small goals. Don't go straight for 'alright lets lose 50 pounds!'. Go for 'Alright, lets lose 5 pounds a week! Yeah I can do this!' You have to remember that chances are, your not going to lose 50 pounds in one month but you might lose 20. Come on, 20 is better than nothing. And it may sound like its not a lot but it actually is. Even losing 5-10 pounds can make a difference in your appearance.
    Most importantly you have to keep going. Don't give up. Never Give In. You will achieve your goal. Not to sound like a bummer or anything, but, in 1 year for instance no one is going to remember how you looked in a bathing. It may seem important to you now, and as a fellow teenager I know exactly how you feel but whether you wear a bikini or a tankini or a one piece bathing suit, no one is going to remember and chances are, they won't care. You shouldn't worry about what people think of you. Be yourself, original, let it shine.
    An uplifting song that I love that makes me feel good about myself is "Shine" by The Dirty Heads.

Good Luck! Let me know how it goes.
    ZoieZee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Hello there. I don't mean to judge you or anything, as I maybe should, considering you are very young for such an extreme weight loss. You could your metabolism up and many other things. But, I understand you it usually starts in your age - tripping about your appearance and your body image. I would recommend you just to try and eat healthier, no sweets or junk food. You are young, you still got time not to catch some of eating disorderes, like I have.. And it's not funny at all.

Anyway, I will answer your question. The quick weight loss isn't healthy if you don't change your eating habits after. The most quick way to lose weight is fasting. I am not pro ana or anything, it's just facts. With juice fasting, you will detoxify your body and lose extra water and fat. Google for the details about juice fasting, and try it out. The weight you could lose should inspire you to change your eating habits, and not let yourself feel bad in your skin again. After the fast, try to eat fresh and raw fruits and veggies, cereal, milk, yogurt, etc; avoid unhealthy snacks, fatty foods, sweets and fast food. Also, find something that will keep you physically active - walks, dance, tae bo, pilates. That should become your way of life - healthy food and physical activity; if you eat unhealthy, you will get sick or fat. Naturally thin people who eat junk food and stay slim, got lotta in their bodies too. They can become very ill, so those things about healthy diets isn't just for fat people or people who can easily get fat. You should boost your metabolism up by eating good food and working out 2-3 times a week. That's it. But, if you need some inspiration for doing that, do the 2-3 weeks of juice fast and after breaking it, try to change your diet by having 3 main healthy meals plus 2 snacks during the day. Hope I helped. Good luck.
    kaa22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
    I have the same problem and weigh the same as you, you could loose 30 pounds in a month and 10 in a week so sort of 40. The first thing to do is to not eat any carbohydrates(bread,rice,potatoes,crackers,cake,co okies) if you do that you weight will really just fall off.It's hard but after about two week you'll see a dramatic change and exercise on certain parts like if you have chubby arms or stomach work on that. Seventeen magazine has a lot of good workouts. That helped me in a month for summer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Please don't do these fad diets, that will do more to harm your health than help you.

Only a proper balance diet with exercise will be the real way.

But to answer your question, there is no way to lose that much weight in a month, maybe in 4 to 6 months. And attempts to lose it that fast will only cause serious health issues
    melissablack20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 10:48 PM
    Look I think the reason on why us heavy set girls/women want to loose weight is so that we are not looked at any different cause us heavy set women have been let down so much and the thin women don't understand how it is and then all the way threw middle school and then high school you are bullied so until you know what the feels like I mean you can't really talk and yes it took us time to put the weight on and its cause we like to eat and some people eat cause the are stressed or depressed its not fun being over weight and I wish I could find something that really works not something saying it works and it don't but listen girls we can do this just lets put our heads together OK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month [ 3 Answers ]

Answer on how to to lose weight

How can I lose 15 to 20 pounds in a month and a half? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to lose 15 to 20 pounds by June 1st. I'll do whatever it takes, I just want to be skinny! I weigh 140lbs and desire to be 120lbs. Will running an 1 hour everyday help me reach my goal?

How can I lose 20 pounds in a month? [ 8 Answers ]

I am female, age 17 and weigh 140lbs. I used to be 120lbs before and now all I can do is think about losing the weight! I can't sleep right anymore, it's all I think about. If I run twice a day on a speed of 9 on the threadmill for 30 min each time, will I be able to lose those 20 pounds? PLEASE...

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How do I lose 40 pounds in 1 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to lose 40 pounds before the summer, but I want to lose the weight fast so I can start buying clothes now.Do anyone have a diet I can try?

View more questions Search