Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marley359 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Why is my mom so mean to me?
    I used to be at an average weight , and still slim . My mother told me I was beginning to look fat... And continuously made comment here and there... The comments kept getting ruder and ruder . Finally I couldn't handle it anymore so I went on a diet . I used to be 49 kilos which is about 110 pounds at 163 cm . I'm fourteen . I lost 3 kilograms . I stopped dieting but I was always scared to gain weight.. So I lost some more and was 44 kg .

In the summer my parents were going through something and I kept on losing weight till I was 38 kilos which is like 85 pounds maybe ? Then she told me my body was ugly . So I gained some weight and am now 44 kg . 98 pounds.. She's telling me I'm fat now . She's never been at home always at work and when I do see her she's just bringing me down .

Today I ate a lot of chocolate in front of her since she told me I was fat to show it in her face , then I went to the bathroom and tried to vomit . I couldn't bring myself to do it . What can I do ? I feel so depressed...
    Lizzy18 Posts: 44, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Marley... I feel sad when I see anyone feeling depressed or low because someone could not keep their mouth shut or kept their frustrations to themselves! There is really nothing wrong with being 49kgs at 14 years because on average you should be 110 pounds. Otherwise, just for you and you alone maintain a healthy diet like any other 14 year old. Then, to prove to yourself that you are fine do research on a 14 year old diet. It is HIGHLY ADVISED to brush off your mothers sentiments for as long as you need to!!
    helpfulgal123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
    I can't believe your mom is so mean to u. do some research and show her that you are not at all fat. And never try to vomit food its bad for your teeth plus its so gross instead if you think your still fat go on a better diet. Don't try to vomit. Its so gross it makes me shudder at the sick thought
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 9, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Marley, you don't mention where you live, but if you're in the US, try talking to the SAC (Student Assistance Counselor) at your school. Not only can that person help you directly by running interference with your mom and giving you some guidance on how to ignore her comments, but s/he can also connect you with outside services--counseling for eating disorders, for example--that might be helpful. You fall into the "At-Risk" category, so unless your counselors are truly over-burdened by heavy caseloads, you should get help easily and for free very quickly.

Please talk to someone. This isn't something that can be solved online.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
    OP may not be in the states seeing as she is using metric terms. I suspect Canada or UK. In either case talking to the SAC is still a good idea.
    angelic121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Sounds like your mother is very jealous of you and she sounds bitter. You are a great weight for your age and should never let anyone's negative words or advice have that much power over you. It is discusting that your mother is so insensitive and shallow. Keep your faith in God and most importantly yourself, because if you don't respect yourself no one else will. I grew up with a very bitter and hateful mother that put me down and blamed me for all her problems. I am 33 yrs old and she still blames me for all her faults. I just pray for her and I understand that my mother has a severe mental disorder. Your mother sounds like she has some issues herself. Just try to respect her but also let her know that you deserve to be respected as well and let her know how her negative words effect you. If she still does not respect you and puts you down profusely well then that is her problem not yours.Just remember to keep a healthy self image of yourself no matter what anyone says about you. At the end of the day it only matters what you think of yourself and that's all that counts.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic121 View Post
    Sounds like your mother is very jealous of you and she sounds bitter. You are a great weight for your age and should never let anyones negative words or advice have that much power over you. It is discusting that your mother is so insensitive and shallow. Keep your faith in God and most importantly yourself, because if you don't respect yourself no one else will. I grew up with a very bitter and hateful mother that put me down and blamed me for all her problems. I am 33 yrs old and she still blames me for all her faults. I just pray for her and I understand that my mother has a severe mental disorder. Your mother sounds like she has some issues herself. Just try to respect her but also let her know that you deserve to be respected as well and let her know how her negative words effect you. If she still does not respect you and puts you down profusely well then that is her problem not yours.Just remember to keep a healthy self image of yourself no matter what anyone says about you. At the end of the day it only matters what you think of yourself and that's all that counts.

Please don't preach here - we don't all share your religious beliefs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Daugter gave mom cash, mom wrote check who is liabilty for bill? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter gave me cash in exchange for me writing a check, now the stable is claiming I am responsible for all the bills because I wrote checks to them prior.

Can my friends mom adopt me with out my mom giving me up? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out if my friends mom could adot me? I'm only 14 but I can't stand living at my house anymore. My parents got divorsed last year and I stay with my moms ex husband. He's not my birth father and now he's not related to me in anyway. I get that I get rules and everything...

Early 90's movie where lady locks mom in basement because mom is monster [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to remember the name of this horror movie that I think came out in the early 90's or late 80's where at the beginning, this lady goes to a gypsy/fortune teller and the fortune teller gives her a Moon and Star pendant and tells her that her soul mate will have the same Moon and Star...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

View more questions Search