Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sparky1945 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Craftsman 46 mower deck belt diagram
    The V-belt is turning over in the motor pulley. The Primary Mower V-belt is not sitting the right way in the V on the motor pulley which is chewing the belt up.The belt is OK in the other pulleys. If I have the tension to tight the motor will not start because it turns the blades on the mower when the mower is still not engaged. I would like to know what I have to do to fix this problem because the new belts are not lasting very long!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
    What model do you have? You can not start any Sears tractors with the blade engaged, there is a safety lockout switch. Belt diagrams are most frequently on the mower deck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting lower belt back on mower deck, Craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the tension pulley? Gram, 67, wants to know? Replacing belt myself hopefully. Craftsman riding mower, lower belt came off. Have lowered deck, belt is loose, not sure where it goes, studying manual but how engage, disengage tension pulley?

Mower belt deck diagram [ 1 Answers ]

46" yard man deck diagram

I am looking for a mower deck belt diagram for craftsman 38 [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a mower deck belt diagram for craftsman 38", it's a 12 HP, 4 speed. IM SOOOOO FUSTRATED!!

I need a mower deck belt for a Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawn mower. [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find a belt for my Craftsman xls 1000 riding lawnmower deck.

View more questions Search