Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffcolbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Already in jail and have a court date somewhere else what do I do?
    I I'm already in county jail and I have another court date in a different county what do I need to do to keep warrants off me?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Talk to whoever is in charge at the jail your in now, they should be able to arrange for you to be there... I would assume.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Hello jeff:

In fact, one county could care less that you have court appointments somewhere else. When the first one is done with you, the second one will have it's shot.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Lowtax4eva agrees: Really? That is messed up, i would have guessed that they would want you to face all charges against you if your in their care.
    Hello again, lowtax:

Oh, they do, they do! So they’re not going to let him go. They’re going to make sure they’re done with him, and then they’ll hand him off in cuffs to the other county. Then he starts all over.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
    You do need to notify the other court that you are in jail in the county.

If you are out on bond, they may continue their bond, or revoke it.
    If they revoke it, a hold will be put on you to take you to the other county when you get released from the first one.

Locally if the two counties are real close they may transport you for trial, but normally the other case just gets continued till you are done with the one county

Yes it is not like TV where they fly you from one state to another for parking tickets
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I was thinking more of a bus

Bu seriously, I guess after thinking about it it does make sense, finish with one system and then get handed off to the other...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Check court date [ 2 Answers ]

Got a traffic court date in Newmarket tomorrow but I lost the ticket... all I know is it is in Newmarket and it is at 10:30... I know there is a site to check the particulars but I am at a loss for that too... thanx

Court Date Tomorrow w/ Collector [ 37 Answers ]

Hello All, I Currently live in MD however prior to 2001 I lived in NY. 1/2006 I called a small bank in NY I had an account with for years and learned that it had been restrained by a law firm C&S representing a creditor (Spiegel). I called this firm and found there was a judgment obtained...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search