Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesstae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Need some info on abandonment law in mass.
    I had a fight with my fiancé and it was at midnight, my daughter was in bed asleep and I left to stay at a friends house for the night(fiance was with my daughter) can he call abandonment on me because I left her there with him? He is her father and we have been together for 11 years, my daughter is 8. HELP!:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Hello jess:

No, of course not.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Takes a lot more than one night of staying with a friend to constitute abandonment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My fathers son has had no contact of paid no support for 1 year, I would like to know if there is any way I can get him for abandonment with out having to retain a lawyer.

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband is taking me to court for abandonment,how can he do that if I never left for more than 2 weeks at a time.and also in 1997 I have court papers from when he would up and leave me and my children for no reason and that's not abandonment.the only reason I left before was he would always...

Abandonment [ 4 Answers ]

Can the mother of a kid give the kid to the father for 10 months at a time and not have to do anything for the kid or even see the kid, would that be abandonment?

Abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old daugther that her real father has never seen her and I was wondering how long does it have to be before she is considered being abandon even if he is paying child support? Please help I am very confused:confused:

View more questions Search