Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wine o 17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Pass EtG test 40 or so hours after drinking wine
    150 pound female.
    5 glasses of wine over 4 hours on Saturday night, stopping around midnight
    Not alcohol for about 3 weeks prior to that.
    Test is today (Monday) around 6pm.
    I am chugging water for 2 days now! Any chance I'll pass?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 02:15 PM
    5 glasses of wine usually equates to one bottle. Is that about right? If more please advise.

The time span you list is approximately 42 hours? Given the amount, rate of consumption, time interval and other circumstances it is very possible that EtG will not be detected. However you are playing it way too close but the odds are in your favor (so to speak).

Please advise of your results and if possible the cutoff used. You are in an interesting time zone. Thanks.

Jul 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Thank you for the response. I did take the test after speaking with several people in my group who have passed it after drinking a lot more, a lot closer in time to the test. I had drank so much water that urine was clear. Fingers crossed! I should find out Wednesday.

Is the time zone off? I'm in Mass (EST). It's 10pm now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wine o 17 View Post
    Thank you for the response. I did take the test after speaking with several people in my group who have passed it after drinking a lot more, a lot closer in time to the test. I had drank so much water that urine was clear. Fingers crossed! I should find out Wednesday.

Is the time zone off? I'm in Mass (EST). It's 10pm now.
    Don't understand your last question re: time zone. Please clarify. Suspect I erred by interposing ambiguous terminology.

However I am so very interested in the highlighted [by me] parts of your response. That is to say the interpersonal interchange of information in regard to this test... what others told you... how you responded to that advice.

I understand that this may not seem important to you but it is critical to the validity of EtG testing.

Jul 15, 2012, 07:36 PM
    Update: I passed! Their cutoff is zero, so there was no trace at all. That being said... I will NEVER risk that again!! No drink is worth the stress!
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Thanks for reporting your results.

Someone is fibbing to you about a zero cutoff. Can't be done. On a negative the lowest possible would be 80 ng/mL being a 100 cutoff at +/- 20%.
    Charlie1121 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Hey Dr.Bill,

If I had approx 3 beers 4 shots of tequila and 2 glasses of wine and I stopped drinking around 10pm on Sunday, will there be any trace of ethanol in my urine if I took a urine test on Friday around 11am?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1121 View Post
    Hey Dr.Bill,

If I had approx 3 beers 4 shots of tequila and 2 glasses of wine and i stopped drinking around 10pm on Sunday, will there be any trace of ethanol in my urine if I took a urine test on Friday around 11am?
    No sir! All of the EtG from that drinking will be gone.
    Charlie1121 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    No sir! All of the EtG from that drinking will be gone.
    Thank you for the quick response Dr. Bill! Much appreciated
    zippity101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Hey Dr. Bill

I am a 130lb male. I drank three beers with a percentage of 4.7 of alcohol around 7 to 8pm on Thursday. Will I pass if I take a test on Monday morning around 9 am?
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippity101 View Post
    hey Dr. Bill

i am a 130lb male. i drank three beers with a percentage of 4.7 of alcohol around 7 to 8pm on thursday. will i pass if i take a test on monday morning around 9 am?
    Clearance time for EtG from 3 beers would be under 48 hours.

Wojcik & Hawthorne, 2007
    zippity101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Thanks for your response
    jillian87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Dr. Bill,

If I drink 2 bottles of white wine on Thursday night (last drink around 4am on Friday morning), would I be able to pass an EtG test on Monday morning at 8am, or would that be cutting it too close?

I rarely ever drink anymore, but my friends are celebrating tonight and I'd like to join in if possible. I am not on probation or anything like that, but I do get randomly tested for my job. The earliest possible time I could be asked to test is first thing Monday morning.

Thanks in advance!

Jillian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass an ETG test 87 hours after drinking? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm new to this site and had posted this question a few days ago with no answers so I'm wondering if I'm doing it right. My question was for Dr Bill... who I've seen answer several questions similar to mine. Just wondered his expert opinion on passing an ETG test 87 hours after a last drink. Three...

Can I pass an EtG test after 30 hours I had 5 beers, 1 shot and a glass nof wine? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please give me your best answers. Thank you in advance

Can I pass the EtG at 40 hours after drinking [ 2 Answers ]

I drank on Tuesday about 8 beers and 3 shots and stopped around 1am n tested 40 hours later on Monday night drank lots of water and anti oxidant tea and flushed good my cut off is 500ng will I pass

Can I pass an EtG test after drinking 40 hours ago? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank a couple beers on Friday night. Saturday, I drank Bacardi & Sloe Gin. I stopped drinking before 12 a.m on Saturday night. I had my EtG test on Monday around 3. I ate in the middle of drinking, and before I went to bed. A lot. Like in all 4 burritos, a pizza, and chips. I don't know if that...

View more questions Search