Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billybob34 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
    EtG and detection times for 2 drinks
    I hope Dr. Bill will see this and answer. I had about 1 2/3 beers. They were from the gas station and were 3.2% alcohol. I may have an EtG test in approx 36 hours after the last drink. I drank the beers over about two hours. What do you think?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 04:49 AM
    You should be OK at that time but it is close if the test is run with 100ng cutoff.

Provide your gender, weight, height and age and I will run against another index.

Jun 20, 2012, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    You should be OK at that time period but it is close if the test is run with 100ng cutoff.

Provide your gender, weight, height and age and I will run against another index.
    I'm 34, around 150lbs, good shape, staying physically active throughout the whole 36 hour period, and ate some a few good meals with lots of apples, bananas, and lemon juice (in case that helps keep my liver stimulated). I did take a nap for a few hours about an hour after last drink, does that affect anything. Stayed busy all that day. I did not sleep, but for 4-5 hours (just busy with work) last night (drank the approx 2.66 beers of 3.2% beer real early Tues morning and it is Wed morning now, and take the test tonight.

Jun 20, 2012, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob34 View Post
    I'm 34, around 150lbs, good shape, staying physically active throughout the whole 36 hour period, and ate some a few good meals with lots of apples, bananas, and lemon juice (in case that helps keep my liver stimulated). I did take a nap for a few hours about an hour after last drink, does that affect anything. Stayed busy all that day. I did not sleep, but for 4-5 hours (just busy with work) last night (drank the approx 2.66 beers of 3.2% beer real early Tues morning and it is Wed morning now, and take the test tonight.
    Oh yes, I'm male, and the cutoff at this lab was 500 last time I looked at one of the tests (I had passed that one)
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 05:47 AM
    You have provided 2 quantities (1-3/4) & (2.66) for number of beers.

Jun 20, 2012, 07:52 AM
    You have provided 2 quantities (1-3/4) & (2.66) for number of beers.

I had two 3.2% beers in the fridge. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't finish both of them. At around 5:30am I drank one, and around 7am I drank the other (not all of it, probably around 2/3 of the beer. This was yesterday morning and my EtG test is tonight at just after 9am. Does being active help? Are my chances still good?

Jun 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
    I had two 3.2% beers in the fridge. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't finish both of them. At around 5:30am I drank one, and around 7am I drank the other (not all of it, probably around 2/3 of the beer. This was yesterday morning and my etg test is tonight at just after 9am. Does being active help? Are my chances still good?
    If I'm right about 2 3.2% beers being 1.6 standard drinks, then I think I drank about 1.3 standard drinks. Thank you so much.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
    You drank about 1.5 standard drinks (US), at your weight that is .31 g per kilogram of body weight*

You should be OK even at 100 cutoff (range 25-39 hrs) but that is close, at 500 it should be at least 20% shorter.

There is never a guarantee with EtG testing but everything is in your favor.

Please advise of your results.

*g/kg of consumption is used in research because standard drink varies from country to country.

Jun 20, 2012, 08:20 AM
    You drank about 1.5 standard drinks (US), at your weight that is .31 g per kilogram of body weight*

You should be OK even at 100 cutoff (range 25-39 hrs) but that is close, at 500 it should be at least 20% shorter.

*g/kg of consumption is used in research because standard drink varies from country to country.
    Thank you Dr Bill, I will most certainly inform of the results. One more quick question, is the 25-39 hrs from time of finishing last drink or from BAC 0?
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2012, 08:29 AM
    Thank you Dr Bill, I will most certainly inform of the results. One more quick question, is the 25-39 hrs from time of finishing last drink or from BAC 0?
    That relates to total alcohol consumed and would be from last drink. Very little research deals with BAC=0. With that volume of alcohol your BAC was nil within <1 hr. Also in favor of reduced time
    Strath Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
    [QUOTE=DrBill100;3160462]You drank about 1.5 standard drinks (US), at your weight that is .31 g per kilogram of body weight*

*g/kg of consumption is used in research because standard drink varies from country to country.[/QUOTE

Hey dr bill I'm a 24 yr old male I'm 6ft 4in tall and weigh about 205 lbs I drank on Saturday night from 7pm to 12am I had about 7 drinks total I took an EtG test Monday which was 42 hours from last drink cause I took te test at 6pm the day off the test I drank about 120 ounces of water do I have a good chance of passing the EtG
    kbinmn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 12:48 PM
    I drank one beer at 7pm and had a half shot of vodka around 11pm. I have an EtG 36 hours after the last drink. I weigh about 150 and have a pretty average active lifestyle. I will be working overnight the night before so won't sleep. Should I bother drinking a cleansing drink from GNC? I can not afford a diluted ua.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2012, 01:00 PM
    The EtG created by the small intake of alcohol described should not be detectable at 36 hours.

I'm not familiar with the cleansing drinks. Do they claim to work with EtG? I'm sure they would as any liquid reduces EtG but it has to do with water content rather than a magic formula.

You must always be careful when using detox agents as they may contain ingredients that could show up as an adulterant on the test. I wouldn't risk that in your case as your normal metabolism will have done the job.
    kbinmn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Great! Thank you very much sir!
    pearlwhite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Jmmmok

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

EtG window of detection [ 9 Answers ]

I drank wine on Sat night and had an EtG test on Wed a.m. Will there be any levels to detect?

Phenethylamines/ 2c chemicals detection times? [ 0 Answers ]

Am wondering what the detection period for 2c chemicals is in lab test. Cannot find a desricption anywhere It is a Phenethylamine

BloodPeth test alcohol detection 8 days after 2 drinks [ 1 Answers ]

If someone drinks one drink for 2 days in a row, will blood peth test be positive 8 days after last drink

EtG detection after 80 hrs [ 2 Answers ]

9 servings of alcohol 10 pm Saturday night to 2am Sunday. Will there be EtG after 80 hrs.

View more questions Search