Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mherch_ Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 12:30 AM
    Tips for initial interview..
    Hi I'm applying to a bpo company... but I always fail the hr keep on saying that I having hard time pronouncing the words.. can you give me some sort of advice?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 5, 2012, 02:21 AM
    What is a bpo?
    Is English a second language for you?
    I don't even know what 'I always fail the hr' means.
    Unless you aren't using punctuation, and you mean 'I always fail. The human resources.. '.
    Please try again, and use more effort to write clearly and not assume that we have any clue what you are talking about.

Jul 5, 2012, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What is a bpo?
    Is English a second language for you?
    I don't even know what 'I always fail the hr' means.
    Unless you aren't using punctuation, and you mean 'I always fail. The human resources..'.
    Please try again, and use more effort to write clearly and not assume that we have any clue what you are talking about.
    Im sorry.. what I mean is the hr keep saying me that I'm not ready enough for a job,by the way imnapplying for a call crnter agent.. they said that I'm not pronouncibg the words right.. But I don't have any clue how to pronounce the words since I don't have any experience to any kind of job..
    current pert

Jul 5, 2012, 04:39 AM
    You haven't explained a bpo, or said if English is a second language for you..
    Your writing grammar isn't good (aside from poor spelling and punctuation) so I can't tell if that's how you speak too. 'the hr keep saying me' really sounds like English isn't your first language. You don't say what kind of words they want you to pronounce either - are they technical or unusual in some way, or just regular words?
    It doesn't make much sense to say that lack of job experience has anything to do with the ability to pronounce. Many people do call center work as their first job.
    If you want us to help you, you are going to have to REALLY explain your situation better.

Jul 5, 2012, 05:14 AM
    Bpo is a business process outsourcing.. im sorry for my spelling I'm using an iPod, its quite hard typing the words. I really don't know what are the words that I mispronounced, because the interviewer saying that I didn't pronounce some words correctly.they give me example like and beach, they said that if I mispronounce those words the caller might not get what I really mean.do you understand me better?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 05:22 AM
    Is this working in a second language, or do you just not say words in your own language properly.

If this is for a job in English, and English is not your normal language, then you take a class of get a tutor to work with you to improve your English skills.

If this is in English and English is your main language, then you either have a speech issue or accent issue. And depending on which, speech therapy may be needed.

Jul 5, 2012, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Is this working in a second language, or do you just not say words in your own language properly.

If this is for a jobd English is not your normal language, then you take a class of get a tutor to work with you to improve your English skills.

If this is in English and English is your main language, then you either have a speech issue or accent issue. And depending on which, speech therapy may be needed.
    OK thank you.. english is my second language so I really find hard speaking,I am lack of confidence speaking.some interviewer told me that my braces might affect when I speak.. is it possible?
    current pert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Yes. I am wondering why it took you so long to say that English isn't your first language. Of course that will matter, when we can't hear you talk. You may 'know' the vocabulary and most sentence structure, but your accent may be too hard to understand. Certainly not your fault, but if you want this kind of job, you need to take a course or get people to let you practice with them. I suppose braces might have an affect - I wore braces and had a lisp, but I had the lisp before the braces too. (My jaw is short and my tongue got in the way, and I had to train myself to keep my tongue behind my teeth.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:44 AM
    How old are you? Are there other jobs that might be available where communication isn't as important as at a call center?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battered spouse after initial interview! [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am married to US citizen. We applied for green card (I-130, I-485). And recently we failed first interview. And scheduled for second next month. But my husband says he can't make it cause his job is more important than my appointment. We have had lots of problems since we got married....

Waiter interview tips [ 3 Answers ]

Where have you worked?How do you handle your customer complain?

View more questions Search