Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkipW Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Netflix audio & vidio going in and out of sync... why?
    Netflix audio and video sometimes go in and out of sync while
    Watching on one PC. Why?

No problem on two other PC's.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 06:12 PM
    It can be problem with buffering and how it is being handled. You can try changing the size of the buffer for your veiwing program. Right click on the screen and a menu should pop up. Also I think that the netflix player has a tool on it to check "streaming: and you can test that rig on it to see where the weak link is.

Jun 30, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    It can be problem with buffering and how it is being handled. You can try changing the size of the buffer for your veiwing program. Right click on the screen and a menu should pop up. Also I think that the netflix player has a tool on it to check "streaming: and you can test that rig on it to see where the weak link is.
    If you mean by viewing program... a browser like IE 8, I tried that and found
    No pop-up menu mentioning buffer. If you mean the MS Silver-Light which is
    What is used to watch/view Netflix, I also struck out. And, finally, I found nothing
    While perusing Netflix regarding tools to check "streaming" so a big 0 for 0.

The two rigs I have run with my TV and sound system are similar. They both
    Are 2005 vintage P4's 3.0 Ghz.

The one that works has ASUSTek MB and 2 Gig main mem and on-board video
    And audio. It's running XP Media Center SP3 fully updated.

The one with problems has Intel MB and 3 Gig main mem, on-audio and PCIE-16
    Graphics. It's been tried with both XP pro/ IE8 and now Vista/IE9. Could be my
    Imagination, but it seems to be worse with the Vista. I've also tried Firefox
    And Chrome, still with problems.

The problem does not seem to be associated with program action. In other
    Words, not extra fast speech or physical movement.

Continue to guide me if you can. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions!
    Actually, I hold an old BSEE and have dabbled in computers through the years
    But, obviously, am not current enough to solve my present problem! You can't
    Know everything.

Many Thanks... Skip
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 03:56 AM
    Here are 2 places that you may find an answer in. This one sticks out to me and you can read through the reply's to see if this fits your situation.

(quote)
    Re: Re: Re: Re: problem with Netflix HD playback

Aug 18, 2010 08:40 PM|LINK

Problem SOLVED!

A system file called "HsMgr.exe" was causing the silverlight 4 video samples to have choppy sound.

Location of system file : C:\Windows\syswow64\HsMgr.exe

This system file "HsMgr.exe" came from part of the installation software of my ASUS Xonar DM sound card.

I used windows msconfig, in the startup tab and disabled the MsMgr.exe from starting up.

After disabling the "HsMgr" system file from starting up in the windows msconfig, All silverlight 4 sample videos that I've played, plays perfect sound. No choppy sound at all.

Link:
    problem with Netflix HD playback : The Official Microsoft Silverlight.NET Forums

Also another article on same issue.

Revo HTPC

See netflix Hd and see if that applies to how your system is set up.

Jul 1, 2012, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipW View Post
    Netflix audio and video sometimes go in and out of sync while
    watching on one PC. Why?

No problem on two other PC's.
    I think I am all out of sync with my answers here, chuckle. Anyway, per one
    Of your missives, I reduced my Netflix video quality link from best to better
    And it fixed the problem. I guess the difference in the hardware between
    The two rigs is just significant enough to need the switch! I was mostly
    Perplexed by it going in and out of sync on the same show. No, it was not
    Choppy, just like lip syncing gone bad... way bad at times.

Thanks many... Skip
    jaspal04307 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Try changing the sound setting from 'dolby surround 5.1' to stereo mode.

Hope that helps.

Dec 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
    I do not see a way to adjust sound settings on Netflix. Perhaps you
    Can point me to where I do that.

Skip
    loriiiiii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 08:57 AM
    What worked for me was simple but it took me forever. While Netflix is playing (and driving you crazy) - right click the control bar and SWITCH OFF the ALLOW HD feature.
    trustingquidnun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 03:33 AM
    Hey, I went into the silverlight application and disabled hardware acceleration. It was an instant fix for me.
    PhilBoydStudge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Late 2011 MacBookPro/8gigRAM,etc. etc.

I have had frequent synchronization problems with the audio track on Netflix streaming. I ignored it for a year and a half.
    Recently, I wanted to improve audio fidelity while editing various sound files and purchased some hi-end studio headphones, ( and here's the critical part ) & a DAC unit to address several fidelity issues.
    Moments ago, I was using external speakers connected to the DAC unit while streaming Netflix and I wanted to move to the next room ( no speakers there ). As soon as I unplugged the DAC I observed the semi-chronic audio dis-synchronazation... A-HAH!!
    I suspect the MBP on-board DAC has challenges unsuspected.
    Please consider and external DAC for your sound issues.

>email removed<
    Pandagold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 08:57 AM
    I had a annoying noise but no sound coming out of my speakers when using Netfix. It worked in my head set. So here is how it worked. I enabled headset, got sound. Then disable headset while running the video, then enabled the speakers. It worked finally.
    tommyleinonen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 08:20 AM
    By turning off hardware acceleration in the Silverlight settings, this problem was fixed for me. Hopefully it works for you, too!
    cassy andy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 07:03 PM
    I had a similar problem. Here is my situation. On my PC, some selections work fine all the way through. Other selections start fine, but at some point, lose sync. Rewinding the video will resync for a little while, but sooner or later, it loses sync again. Once it starts, it doesn't stop. When I ignore it, it just gets worse. None of the other suggested solutions worked for me.

If this describes your problem, then here is the solution that should work for you. Go to:

<https://movies.netflix.com/HdToggle>

And select one of the audio quality options. The default is no option is selected. For me, it doesn't seem to matter which one. My best guess is that the software confuses itself when no option is selected.
    CCJK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 01:24 AM
    Changing "best" to "better" worked for me!

THANK YOUUUU!!

J
    cassy andy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 11:54 AM
    I found what might be a better, more universal solution, while I was trying to solve a totally separate problem. It appears there is a problem with Java and some video drivers. Uninstalling Java solves that problem, and also the Netflix audio sync problem.
    squirrelseo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 06:50 AM
    I turned off "allow hd" and disallowed "hardware acceleration". It worked. Hope this helps :)
    kneelie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2013, 03:56 PM
    I installed Microsoft DirectX and that fixed it for me.
    Moz30s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 04:38 PM
    This is a very simple issue with Silverlight.

Right click on the video image screen, and then click on the Silverlight box that appears.
    The Silverlight configuration box will appear.
    Select "Playback" from the tabs at the top and un-click the hardware acceleration box and then click "ok".
    Restart your browser and the problem has gone.

Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help me understand Audio//Video sync proplems... [ 3 Answers ]

Computer one has P4 3ghz cpu, 2 gig mem, on board vid & aud and runs MS XP MCE 2005. It records and plays back over-the-air TV HD just fine. It also accesses Netflix shows with no problems. Computer two has P4 3ghz cpu, 3 gig mem, pcie vid from ATI, and pci aud card from creative and is...

Media files sent via wireless net have missing/out of sync audio.. help [ 0 Answers ]

Have been recording TV files on one computer with XP Media Center and sending to a second PC via wireless net. Playback on remote PC fine with standard cable signal recordings. Now have added over the air digital recordings and while the files play fine on the recording PC, on the remote PC there...

Audio-sync out when burning dvds [ 6 Answers ]

CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ?? No matter what software I try, when I convert a divx file to a dvd file then burn it onto a disc, the audio sync gets progressivley worse as the movie progresses, by as much as 3-4 seconds out by the end of the film. ... HELP!.

Capture vhs vidio to h/disk [ 4 Answers ]

Have a win TV go pci card installed on my pc. I want to capture old films from my vhs machine on to my computer . Everything is fine except for one thing, I can only capture 23 minutes of film at one time and some of the films run for at least 2 hrs. Is there anyway I can get around this.I'm...

View more questions Search