Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GingerH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Coleman Gas furnace, light flashes 4 times
    I have a 1995 Coleman Evcon gas furnace and the green light flashes four times. Instructions say 'limit cycling'. I replaced the limit switch but it didn't help - still flashes four times. The unit lights but the blower doesn't come on and it doesn't shut down. Could the new switch be bad or are there other things I should be checking? Thank you.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:23 PM

Sounds like you have a bad fan motor, or control board. Is the fan motor getting power?
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerH View Post
    I have a 1995 Coleman Evcon gas furnace and the green light flashes four times. Instructions say 'limit cycling'. I replaced the limit switch but it didn't help - still flashes four times. The unit lights but the blower doesn't come on and it doesn't shut down. Could the new switch be bad or are there other things I should be checking? Thank you.
    If you mean the burmers don't shut down don't run it! If you mean the fan and inducer that's normal, you just may have a hcracked heat exchanger call utility to test for it.
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
    I saw the blower never runs? Is this limit a temp delay combo unit? If so its wired wrong or fan motors bad manually advance it to see if fans running then, or jumper the wires to test it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman evron furnace flashes five times [ 4 Answers ]

My coleman furnace will ignite and run for a few minutes and then the flame will go out and will kick on several times.It flashes five times.The furnace says a gas valve energized with no call for heat.What does this mean and how do I fix the problem Thank you

Concord 80 plus gas furnace- Blowing cold air & LED Flashes 4 times [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new home owner and have never dealt with a newer furnace. I woke up and the furnace was blowing out cold air. The LED inside of the furnace flashes four times which says 'Limit or Rollout Switch Open' I honestly have no idea what that means and I really do not have the money for a...

Red light continually flashes 4 times [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne furnace that is trying to ignite. It goes through start cycle but igniter doesn't glow. Makes three attempts then faults, sending fault code "4 blinks of red light. What is fault?

Diagnostic Light flashes twice on Nordyne Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I am actually writing for my sister with no internet. I do not have the model of the furnace. They came to their cabin today to find it frozen. The diagnostic light on the Nordyne Intertherm Furnace will flash twice when the furnace is turned on. The furnace will run for a few seconds and the...

View more questions Search