Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxglove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 01:15 PM
    He wants to be single but still loves me
    After being with him for 10 months and having an amzin time he decides out of the blue he wants to be single and be one for the guys again. Obviously this breaks my heart and I still love him but he says he wants to be single. All he can tell me is how beautiful I am and how much he loves spendin time with me and he loves me, I know what your thinking its all a lie he's got someone else but I trust him when he says he doesn't. I have to see him everyday and I can't think about anything else but him. I know I'm being pathetic but I truly love him I don't want him to get back with me because he feels sorry for me. If he still loves me and I still love him how can I get us back together without seeming desperate?
    Everyone tells me that he will come running back in a week or so but I don't want to get my hopes up in case he doesn't.
    Please can someone tell me how I can get him back?
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Mar 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
    foxglove,
    I know you are in a lot of pain right now and that is perfectly OK. But, please do not invest your energy and feelings in trying to get back someone who has already made a decision to leave. Whatever his reasons (he can still love you), he has made a choice for himself. Do not try to change his mind for him. If you end up convincing him to get back with you, it will not be by his own will and reasons. He can, also, feel like his hand was forced and resent you for it.
    So, please just leave him alone. Go through all of the emotions you feel. Cry your heart out and be depressed. You will get through it. Since he has made a decision to move on, you should move on with your own life. Try your best to avoid seeing him or talking to him during this time.
    Also, it is up to you to decide whether you want to wait around for him to have his fun and then come back to you (IF he comes back). As hard as it will be, I suggest you get on with your own life.
    p.s. There are other posts on this site about how to best pick yourself up and move on after a relationship is over.
    Good luck.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
    As with the above, it's probably time to move on. He may not have someone else right now but he wants to spend time alone, with his friends and then most likely start dating (if he hasn't already).

He's not worth your time, his reason to break up is ridiculous, to spend time with his friends, he just doesn't want to have an awkward conversation and tell you what he really wants to break up for.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Things were fantastic and all of a sudden boom?? How old are you guys and why do you have to see him everyday, work, school? Your post is vague.
    Julie25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
    I agree definitely with all the advice. 3 months ago my boyfriend of 6 yrs wanted a break, we were fighting all the time, and what used to be fun times just ended in arguments and us going to be angry all the time.. we took a break, however we were still intimate once ina while and talked everyday via email and almost everday over the phone. On what would've been our 6 yr anniversary we got back together. IT was a much needed rest for both of us to talk things out and make sure this is what we both wanted.
    I cried all the time, and was absolutely miserable. But I wrapped myself up with work, friends and my two children. I got through it. He got through it. I kind of think it was a midlife crisis... he is almost 39 and has had a lot of stress on his mind. I just added to it.
    Now everything is going pretty well. I am learning how to communicate better and see things from both sides instead of just mine and vise versa. Give it sometime, if it is meant to be he will come back. As the advice said above, forcing will not get you anywhere.. When I quit pushing the issue of getting back together, he came back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Two many loves [ 38 Answers ]

New to the site . Just have heard that there some good advise . Ok . Is it possible to be totally in love w/ two people? One being your spouse and the other a friend ?

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

How do I know if he really loves me [ 6 Answers ]

well me and my bf just started going out and a lot of people have told me hes known for cheating and useing his ex gf and i dont want that to happen to me. how do i know if he actually loves me and isnt just useing me for stuff or cheating is there someway i can tell if so please tell me i really...

Should I ask if she still loves me? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey all! Okay I am having a real problem... As some of you know me and my girlfriend broke up about half a year ago when I moved away from my hometoen to go study. She said that she did not want us to stay together because of the distance but I really don't believe that. How can you feel...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search