Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmccann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 01:25 AM
    How do I reset my kenmore elite 665 dishwasher?
    I have a kenmore elite 665.16933 dishwasher. I think I need to reset it - I can only use the normal cycle and the other cycles (pots and pans, etc) won't kick on when pressed

Anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the control panel?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 11, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccann
    I have a kenmore elite 665.16933 dishwasher. I think I need to reset it - I can only use the normal cycle and the other cycles (pots and pans, etc) won't kick on when pressed

Anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the control panel?
    Sounds like a question for a Sears dishwasher repairman or any qualified appliance repairman. I think, though am not sure, most dishwashers now have circuit boards I guess like a computer, I don't think you can "reset" it as you stated, just has to be repaired somehow.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 12, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Im afriad Richard is probobly right.
    I took a stroll through Lowe's the other day and checked out the new appliances, and I was surpised to see what was out there. All sorts of bells whisltes, lights and gadgets.

It is fixable, and anyone with a little mechanical know how can do it, but what you need is a service manual, not so much an instruction manual. The service manual will explain how to diagnose a control board. For you see, each brand of dishwasher out there has its own set of software. What works for one might not work for another.

Just remember folks, when buying that new $1,000 dishwasher, its performing the same function as the simple one for $250 does. Pumping water over dishes. The only thing you're buying is more stuff to break. Food for thought.
    j_mccasland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Please advise reset code for dishwasher 665 by Kenmore.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Push the heated wash,and the heated dry buttons one after the other for about 5 times
    j_mccasland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 08:53 AM
    I tried all this, still does not work, drain does work and that's all
    bpecor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j_mccasland View Post
    I tried all this, still does not work, drain does work and that's all

Same here!!
    ERobishaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 04:16 PM
    I had the same issue and got it to reset.
    Heated wash, normal wash
    Heated wash, normal wash
    All lights came on, I hit cancel.

Closed the door
    Repeated above
    And it's back to normal.

Hope that helps someone.

Eric
    kathykbv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 03:29 PM
    It worked. When I pulled off the toe plate there was a technician's document attached. On the back side of the paper it listed how to start the diagnostics. It gave directions for starting in stand by and after a cycle had started. It worked and none of the indicators of a problem lit up (r/a sensor assembly check, thermistor open/short detection or stuck pressure switch detection). I was not able to get the high temp scrub to work so I also turned up the water heater to the middle setting (the raised notch on the dial) and we are set. Since I found a large amount of suds after running diagnostics I ran the rinse cycle and cleaned out the inside. I also found a lot of soap scum at the bottom of the door which I scraped out (very yucky!).
    johnniehoward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 08:03 PM
    YEAH! IT worked for me too! We can cancel the Sears service call (which wouldn't be for two weeks from today) and move on. Thanks!
    Stow Mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
    YEAH!! I pressed sani wash and heated dry back and forth twice until all the lights came on then the washer started going a little crazy... going from normal wash to quick rinse then back to normal wash, but not really washing. I hit cancel/drain and started a normal wash. It ran for about two hours and is now in the drying mode. I think it is working correctly again! Thanks for the advice.
    ricky2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
    @ERobishaw you're way worked except its heated dry than normal wash.. Thanks for the tip
    kats2sew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 02:59 AM
    I had the same issue when all of a sudden nothing would start.
    My Kenmore model is 665/1687582 don't know if it's an Elite but it's an old guy!
    Got mine to reset:
    Push Normal wash, then Pots Pans
    Normal wash, then Pots Pans
    About 5 times (I think) I got excited cause it started right up!
    Then I just set it to the cycle I wanted it to do!
    Now Everything works great! Thanks for that info. Hope it can help someone else.
    craigsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 09:00 PM
    You guys are brilliant! It worked for me too! Thanks!!
    Duwende Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1 View Post
    Push the heated wash,and the heated dry buttons one after the other for about 5 times
    OMG!! You're awesome!! You fixed my dishwasher in seconds... my daughter & I Loves you who ever you are that shared this answer! We were devastated not understanding what to do with this blinking clean light & non working dishwasher. We are so glad we found your answer. I can't "Thank You" enough... "Maraming salamat" (in filipino language) thank you so much :)
    pianomikey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
    My 665x series dishwasher had a similar problem: would only drain, wouldn't go through any wash cycle. It just had a stuck float.

In the front right corner you'll see a greyish cylinder. Mine had a plastic fork fragment caught in it, stuck in place by some dried dishwasher detergent (that's where it flows into the washer). I sprayed it out and jiggled the float so it could move freely.

Problem solved.
    jrtmouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Are there any other combinations of buttons to get into diagnostic mode? I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and nothing seems to work for my 665.17372300.

I don't have a heated dry button. Here are the buttons I do have:
    Smart Wash, Pots Pans, Normal Wash, China Gentle, Quick Rinse, Hi Temp Wash, Sani Rinse, Air Dry, Delay Hours, Cancel | Drain, Start

Suggestions? My dishwasher won't cycle past Washing and Sensing.

Thanks.
    MinBarbados Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 12:42 PM
    I have a 665.17572201 with the same buttons. I managed to reset it by pushing the Sani Rinse and Air Dry buttons twice in sequence. All the lights lit up and then it started running.

It is now bouncing between quick rinse and normal wash as described by Stow Mom above.
    jrtmouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:57 PM
    MiniBarbados,
    Sani Rinse and Air Dry worked for me as well. However, it goes through the diagnostic:
    1. Drying
    2. Washing
    3. Sensing
    4. Washing & Sensing.

That's it. Did yours ever finish a full wash cycle like Stow Mom above as well?

Not sure what the diagnostic is telling me right now.
    toupic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 10:18 AM
    I can't close the door because it's lock in open door. How can I unlock the door?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite dish washer modell 665 not draining [ 7 Answers ]

The dishwasher is not draining even after I pressed the drain button. Is there a way to look for blockage before I call someone. Thank you

Kenmore elite dishwasher m#15962990 [ 3 Answers ]

The dishwasher has a lock function on it. My toddler has locked the dishwasher. The dishwasher responds as the manual says when you push any wrong buttons. It flashes three times. The manual directs you to hold the lock key for 4 seconds to release the lock. This isn't the first time that this has...

Kenmore 665 Dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Model 665/15767000 dishwasher with the wash light flashing continuously. Unfortunately, we have misplaced the owner's manual and have no clue what to do. Can anyone enlighten us? Thanks!

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher will not Agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I Just ran the dishwasher with the door open (wife not home to see... ) There is water coming out the bottom agitator and it is spinning slowly. The middle agitator has water coming out but it not spinning. THere is no water coming out the top agitator at all. Where to start?.

View more questions Search