Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yiwenguniang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
    Yahoo email account has been hijacked. What do I do?
    This morning I woke up to find that someone has used my email account to send out spam messages to everyone in my address book and everyone I've ever sent an email to. A lot of the messages were bounced back, but many others went through. I'm not sure how many messages were sent, but I found three of the infected emails in my sent folder. These emails were sent when the infected computer was turned off. My account password has not been changed, and it doesn't seem like the hijacker has taken control of my account, although I can't be sure.

I know I got this virus when a family member decided to click on an infected link his friend had sent. Is there anything I can do?

Is my email being phished or spoofed? Should I change the password on every account - banking, social media, etc. - I have?

Please give me some advice. Thanks!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yiwenguniang View Post
    This morning I woke up to find that someone has used my email account to send out spam messages to everyone in my address book and everyone I've ever sent an email to. A lot of the messages were bounced back, but many others went through. I'm not sure how many messages were sent, but I found three of the infected emails in my sent folder. These emails were sent when the infected computer was turned off. My account password has not been changed, and it doesn't seem like the hijacker has taken control of my account, although I can't be sure.

I know I got this virus when a family member decided to click on an infected link his friend had sent. Is there anything I can do?

Is my email being phished or spoofed? Should I change the password on every account - banking, social media, etc. - I have?

Please give me some advice. Thanks!

Its being spoofed... if it was hacked they would have changed the password on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't my Yahoo email account receive mail? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I wanted to know why my Yahoo email account can't receive emails. I lost my email password but now I found it , and it won't let me receive mails.

I believe my email box has been hijacked [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me out. I believe my hotmail box has been hijacked. After I have typed-in my password to access my Hotmail account the address in the Windows Internet Explorer address bar changes to: Sign In Thank you to confirm whether it has been hijacked and please give me a solution. ...

Hijacked Yahoo account [ 1 Answers ]

Actually I am using my id komolika_foruonly_yahoo.co.in but my sme friend get to know my password and now she is using that.and also she has changed the password now. I don't know my full details but I know user name. Can this helps me to know my current password or the way I can remove that id.

Suspended Yahoo Email account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, About 5 days ago my Yahoo email account was suspended because of 'unusual activity'. Message stated that this was for up to 48 hours... 5 days later-still haven't got an answer-just 2 'we will be in contact ' messages from Yahoo. If anyone can help-I'd be extremely grateful. Cheers

Disabled Yahoo account from receiving email [ 1 Answers ]

My Yahoo email account has been disabled although I deleted a lot of my emails so as to accommodate more incoming mails. I freed a lot of space already by emptying my trash but still it is showing up that I'm over the limit. I can't understand why. I was over the limit before but I don't have this...

View more questions Search