Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bee.123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2011, 10:47 AM
    My boyfriend wants to stop having sex
    Een with my boyfriend for 11months now and about 5 months ago our problems started. He would occasionally reject me when I wanted to have sex saying he was tired or that it was late. We have had many arguments about this and nearly came to breaking point. I feel bad for arguing with him about sex however I feel really fustrated because we love each other. Recently, after a big argument we had, he said we should stop having sex even though we hardly ever do anyway. We don't have any other problems in our relationship and I feel terrible and unwanted. What shall I do?
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Sep 17, 2011, 03:50 PM
    Has he told you why he wants to stop having sex? If not that's the question I would be asking him. Not while trying to persuade him to have sex, but in a nice calm discussion, away from the bedroom. Tell him you want to understand why he has decided this not put pressure on him to change his mind.

Once you have some information from him you will have a better idea what to do. Maybe he wants to stop having sex temporarily for some specific reason. Maybe he just reacted in anger because of the argument.

I think understanding what is going on is more important than actually trying to get some sexual activity going at the moment.

Sep 18, 2011, 06:13 AM
    Thank you for your advice. I have asked him previosly and he said it was because he felt pressured into it by me. This was never a problem before. I think I should not mention anything sexual with him till he is ready to have sex with me again. What do you think?
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Sep 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Tricky, because on the one hand nobody wants to feel pressured into sex, so backing off could be exactly what is needed.
    On the other hand, he could feel pressured because you have a higher sex drive than him, or for some other reason that it would be helpful for you to understand.

I would say sure, give him some time to get his own mojo back. Concentrate on doing other things you enjoy. Work on the fact that you feel terrible and unwanted for a while by doing positive things to make yourself feel better.

But don't feel that you have to wait for ever, walking on egg-shells either. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to discuss it further then do so, but from a point of view of trying to understand one another not putting pressure on to perform.

Sep 18, 2011, 12:15 PM
    I think you're right. I need to calm down about this and we need to find a mid point with my boyfriend. Thank you for your advice once again.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
    QLP has given you some excellent advice.

I do want to add a few things for you to consider and discuss with your boyfriend.

Sometimes, a problem will start with one issue but continue due to others. These are a few of the factors to think about and see if the pressure he is feeling now is covering up other symptoms.

Is he having any health problems or is he on any medications? Several different diseases can cause physical problems which get over looked. Likewise, some medicines can have side effects or interactions with other medicines/foods/drinks/etc. which cause issues that limit the libido. Alcohol and other drugs can also cause libido problems especially if the person is taking them as a form of self-medicating.

Exercise, proper nutrition, getting a good nights sleep, in general taking care of one's self all help to reduce stress and exhaustion. Better health can help increase a person's libido.

Do each of you spend time with friends or doing things without the other person? 'Me' time can be great for keeping a couple from depending solely on each other for support, entertainment, and social interaction. It helps keep the relationship from stagnating or getting into a rut.

Look at how much importance you put on intercourse as opposed to other forms of affection and intimacy. It is fairly normal to get caught up in the sexual aspects of being a couple. However, it isn't the only way to bond with your partner. Having fun playing games, laughing a jokes, watching clouds, etc. can take the pressure off to have sex, but still bring you together on other levels. It can even lead to letting go of stress and relaxing enough to allow desire to build up at a slower pace. It can increase the quality of the sex you have even if the quantity isn't the same.
    Susy4309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Well I wondered the same thing and when I confronted my boyfriend about it he said it was because he doesn't want to sin anymore but I get mad cause were living together and not married with a kid on the way so what's the point. What should I do?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 7, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Susy4309. You're problem is unique to you. Please post it as a new thread so that you're problem can get the full attention of our experts without sidelining this thread, should the original poster ever come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my boyfriend to stop talking about sex? [ 11 Answers ]

I am not into sex that much right now and all he wants is to talk about it and wants me to do it. What do I do?

How to stop having sex with my boyfriend [ 19 Answers ]

I've been thinking I may want to abstain from sex until marriage, or something marriage-oriented. I've been dating and had boyfriends for 25 years now. I am 42. I just feel like every guy I get involved with lately - it's only good between us for a few months. There's a whole pattern to it that...

How can I stop my boyfriend from having sex with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My boyfriend always want me to have sex with him everyday ! And I can't take it anymore.. He is so very aggressive and addicted to sex. What should I do? If I will not agree to mate with him, he would be angry.. aaaaaaaah! I don't know.. we are 1yr and 8 months already.....

How do I stop pressuring my boyfriend for sex? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Im new here, 19 and my boyfriend is 28. We have been together a year, live together, love each other tremendously & I have no reason to doubt I can trust him. Problem is, me being younger, I crave sex more than him & get really angry with him if he rejects me (he likes to be the initiator) I was...

View more questions Search