Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3boyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 05:55 AM
    If fathers rights are terminated what rights does his parents have
    My children's fathers rigths were terminated by the courts and now I'm hearing through the grape vine that his mother is going to fight for custody. I live in wv and she lives in pa.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boyz View Post
    my childrens fathers rigths were terminated by the courts and now im hearing through the grape vine that his mother is going to fight for custody. i live in wv and she lives in pa.
    If they "YOUR" Children And the father had his rights terminated... and their MOTHER is going to fight for them... how do you fit into this. Foster parent?
    3boyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 07:05 AM
    I'm the mother. The fathers mother hates me and now that her son lost his rights she wants custody of the boys.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 07:13 AM
    She would have to prove you are unfit.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Agree... You are a blood parent and anyone else would have a very difficult battle to get custody without CPS being involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my daughters bio fathers rights be terminated against his will? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old born 12/25/2009 her father has not paid child support in almost a yr and hasn't seen her since 12/25/2011.he does not call or try to see her at all. I want to know if my husband can adopt her with out her fathers concent.

How do I get my sons biological fathers rights terminated w/o his consent [ 6 Answers ]

He is 15,000 in debt for support only calls once or twice a yr and decides he wants to be a father then he is an alcoholic,drug user has been charged many times for dui and drug poss. I have offered to drop support and he refuses we live in the state of Pennsylvania

How Do I get my Sons Fathers Parental Rights Terminated? [ 12 Answers ]

My son's father as not seen him since August 2008, and before that time it was April 2005, I am just trying to figure out NYS guide lines, on what grounds I can get his parental rights terminated?

Can I have my daughter's biological fathers parental rights terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father and I were never married. When I was in a relationship with her father he was abusive. He has had little to nothing to do with her in her whole life. She doesn't even remember him. He is constintly in and out of jail and the reason I know this is because...

View more questions Search