Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kiwi61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 05:43 AM
    How can I renew a New Zealand passport in Australia?
    Who do I contact to renew my New Zealand passport in Australia
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2009, 05:38 AM

Go to the nearest post office and ask them for the address of The New Zealand High Commissioner in CANBERRA, ACT.
    Then write to him for full details.
    Bikkit Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2009, 02:39 AM
    Head on over to The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs website (link below). All of the information you need to renew your passport is listed there, along with application forms and fees (in both Australian and New Zealand currencies). There is also information there for those living in other countries who want to renew a New Zealand passport.

The only problem I have found with the renewal is the witness for the application. This person needs to be a New Zealand passport holder, have known you for over a year, not be a relation or living at the same current address as you and must also be a registered professional (e.g. judge, lawyer, optometrist, nurse, etc). I have not found any luck with a solution so far, so the best advice I can give is to ring your local New Zealand Embassy and ask them.

The links needed are provided below:

The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs:
    Homepage: http://www.dia.govt.nz/
    Passport application and renewal: http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_url/services-passports-how-to-apply-for-a-new-zealand-passport?opendocument#eight
    Application forms and fees: http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Services-Passports-Application-Forms-and-Fees?OpenDocument#two
    aisea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 09:23 PM
    What is the fastest way to renew my NZ passport I'm planning to go back to NZ in a month.. will it be ready by then? Please help me how to renew my passport asap
    pete80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 10:50 PM
    I don't know any one in Australia who holds a N.Z. passport to ask as witness .
    csamuels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 03:08 AM
    Me and my two kids live in qld australia and our passports have expired where can I renew our passports.
    Paulaggi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 07:35 AM
    I live in the UK and have exactly this problem. I phoned the High Commissioner (HC) and was told to leave witness blank but fill out a statutory declaration (download from passport application site) instead, stating reasons a witness cannot be found. I will personally take my application to the HC who will witness the statutory declaration for me free of charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sailing from Australia to New Zealand [ 1 Answers ]

I want to board a sailingyacht to sail from Australia to New Zealand. Where do I find sites to find a boat?

View more questions Search