Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0405376438 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
    How Can I Tell If I Have A Spirit In My House?
    I come from a very paranormal believing family my whole mum's side of the family believe in Ghost/Demons I once had the gift to see spirits but lost it when I turned 12 because I didn't take much thought into it but now all I fell is as if there's something around me or next to me but sometimes I can't tell if it's my Nan or Pop because I know my Nan pops in to say hello but I don't see her anymore but she lets me and my mum know she's there and my mum can see spirits sometimes but my Pop doesn't pop in much not since I was like 6 or 7 when me and my mum were watching the land before time IV and I saw a old man stand at the hallway but I knew it was my pop even as I never met my Nan and Pop.

Back to the topic ever since I moved into this house last year I have had 2 or 3 dreams but only remember to the first one I had was me ad mum just came back from HJ's(Hungry Jack/Burger king) and I had the drinks and I went to the toilet and then walked into my room and saw that my bed was moved and I asked my if did moved it and she replied no so I took nothing of it and then I walk out to the living room and sat next to mum and she asked me if I had moved the shelf and I said no then I heard a noise in the hallway and looked there to see a figure for like 1second then the lights all turned off then the figure I saw was stomping down the hallway and I stood up then was really scared and woke up then I heard my cat meowing really loudly but was still in shock from the dream that I couldn't even move or talk as if I had my energy stolen from me.

The 2nd dream ah damn it is there in my memory but its like locked away I can't remember it well but yeah.

But when my mum was in hospital I was living here for like 2-3 month on my own some days I had my best friend who is like a brother to me and we were up till like 5am but while we were awake we were watching TV and I heard a noise in the hallway but there was nothing there the cat was outside and the noise's stop while I was looking there so I asked if Tyler who is my friend if he had heard the noise he said no and I then thought I was hearing thing so I kept watching TV then I saw something in the corner of my eye but when I looked I saw nothing so could someone try to help me find out if I have a ghost or demon I hoping its just a good ghost.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Seeing that your post was titled "how can I tell if I have a spirit in my house"... from you said it seems you months likely have spirits in your family... and it also sounds like you should have enough experience in being able to tell if a spirit is around.

Now, personally, I believe the Bible to be true and accurate when it comes to things like this and I think after some study you will find that ghosts and demons are actually the same spirit. Of course there are many that do not share this belief and I am used to coming against that. It is up to you what you believe and how you deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0405376438 View Post
    I come from a very paranormal believing family my whole mum's side of the family believe in Ghost/Demons i once had the gift to see spirits but lost it when i turned 12 because i didn't take much thought into it but now all i fell is as if there's something around me or next to me but sometimes i can't tell if it's my Nan or Pop because i know my Nan pops in to say hello but i don't see her anymore but she lets me and my mum know she's there and my mum can see spirits sometimes but my Pop doesn't pop in much not since i was like 6 or 7 when me and my mum were watching the land before time IV and i saw a old man stand at the hallway but i knew it was my pop even as i never met my Nan and Pop.

back to the topic ever since i moved into this house last year i have had 2 or 3 dreams but only remember 2 the first one i had was me ad mum just came back from HJ's(Hungry Jack/Burger king) and i had the drinks and i went to the toilet and then walked into my room and saw that my bed was moved and i asked my if did moved it and she replied no so i took nothing of it and then i walk out to the living room and sat next to mum and she asked me if i had moved the shelf and i said no then i heard a noise in the hallway and looked there to see a figure for like 1second then the lights all turned off then the figure i saw was stomping down the hallway and i stood up then was really scared and woke up then i heard my cat meowing really loudly but was still in shock from the dream that i couldn't even move or talk as if i had my energy stolen from me.

the 2nd dream ah damn it is there in my memory but its like locked away i can't remember it well but yeah.

but when my mum was in hospital i was living here for like 2-3 month on my own some days i had my best friend who is like a brother to me and we were up till like 5am but while we were awake we were watching TV and i heard a noise in the hallway but there was nothing there the cat was outside and the noise's stop while i was looking there so i asked if Tyler who is my friend if he had heard the noise he said no and i then thought i was hearing thing so i kept watching TV then i saw something in the corner of my eye but when i looked i saw nothing so could someone try to help me find out if i have a ghost or demon i hoping its just a good ghost.

May 28, 2012, 01:59 AM
    Haunting helper I am a believer of god I'm am a Mormon and I'm not sure if Mormon's believe in spirits but I was not born to the church and I do believe in spirit my whole life I have.

And plus when I say my family believe in spirit and have come in contact with them I don't mean like everyone in my mum's family I just mean most of us like my cousin was possessed once when she was really young way before I was born cause my mum and some of her sisters were down stair at the old home alone and were trying to contact a spirit cause they were Dumb A**'s and my cousin walked down the stair and her eye were like in side her head like I mean the white part was only showing but yeah.

And I myself don't have much experience with spirits that much like the only spirits I have been in contact with is the little boy in my room when I was young my Nan and Pop and the spirits that live in my best friends house who hate me well a few of them do(eg: one night me and my friend were a sleep and his money box came flying out us and hit me in the head and I woke up and saw my friend still asleep so I was nearly shi*ing myself

May 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
    May I ask what the Mormon believe is on this subject? I know it is something they do not talk about much.

How did you come into the LDS doctrine?

This spirit sounds like it may have been in your family for some time now... which is quite often the case.

May 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
    I came into the LDS from my best friend tyler and I'm not 100% sure if they believe in spirits like these but we do believe in the holy ghost and the spirit realm but its different like when we die we go to ether spirit prison or spirit paradise and then we wait until Jesus Christ come's to us and then we confront God and he say whether were able to go to one of the 3 heaven's I want to go to the celestial kingdom the top one but yea

What do you mean the spirit has been in the family for some time now do you thing it's the one that possessed my cousin cause that was a family friend who died

May 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
    I couldn't say yes or no if it was the same spirit that possessed your cousin... or even if your cousin was possessed. That might just have something to do with playing with the ouija board. What I mean by it being in your family is that spirits will often stay in a family moving from member to member if they had been given a way in in the past. The fact that your mother could also see spirits and there seems to be a family history of strongly believing in this subject for some reason or another. This tells me that other relatives may have had similar experiences as well.
    wonderingspirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
    I will not tell you that you do not have spirits in your home because your story sounds like you might have an intelligent haunting, however depending on how old your home is you could just be experiencing the effects of something called a fear cage. A fear cage is caused by a high emf reading from electric devices it can cause you to feel,see, or hear things that are not there. A fear cage has also been known to cause paranoia, neausea, headaches and more so I would have an electrician come in and check all the wiring in your home and if this doesn't work and you are still having these happenings I personally would have someone do a home cleansing.

I hope my suggestions are helpful.

Good luck! :)

May 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
    So what you're saying is that there may be a spirit that may or may not be a deceased relative that is staying in my house but I don't get that it all only started the first night I stay at this house but the house was only built last year like a few weeks before we moved in.

So do you think maybe someone died on the this part of land and because I live in units would that mean the person who live up stairs would have the same thing happen to them?

May 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
    wonderingspirit: OK I just look up on the type of haunting you said and the part about things going missing is true but cause I live with my mum she never believe me when I say I left something on the dining room table like the only things that go missing are things I use every day like my iPod, smart rider(used in Australia for bus's) and my house keys they all go missing every now and then like when my mum was in hospital I had the day off school and had to go see her and I was all ready and looked at the table and I was 100% sure that I put them there so I was looking for them for like 1 and a 1/2 hours looked through the whole house couldn't find them so I had to lock the front door and go through the back door leaving it unlocked and when I got to the hospital mum was aloud to come back home with me and when we got back mum looked on the table and they were there sitting right in the spot I put them

My iPod is sometimes usually when I need it I will go missing and my smart rider is the same as my iPod but will show up when I come back from like my dads or brothers

May 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
    It seems you have a very playful spirit in your home sometimes it helps to say "Okay I know you want to play but right now I have to go.... and need my.... we can play games later." and when you get home greet it with a simple hello. Later if you feel brave you can try using things like dolls or marbles and ask it to play. Take a marble and roll it down a hall and ask if the spirit will roll it back to you or leave the doll in a corner and say "Okay here is a doll you can play with for now." but if things turn bad immediately seek help.

May 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderingspirit View Post
    It seems you have a very playful spirit in your home sometimes it helps to say "Okay I know you want to play but right now I have to go.... and need my.... we can play games later." and when you get home greet it with a simple hello. Later if you feel brave you can try using things like dolls or marbles and ask it to play. take a marble and roll it down a hall and ask if the spirit will roll it back to you or leave the doll in a corner and say "Okay here is a doll you can play with for now." but if things turn bad immediately seek help.
    OK thanks but I'm still not sure about it all like I have heard of speaking to a non see able entity can make it aggro and my mum has all ways said to me never use a wigi board(or what ever it's called) and I know my Nan and Pop always look after me and my mum and about 10mins ago I was talking to my mum and she ask if I have seen Nan lately because mum said she has been around the house but I haven't seen her nor has my cat that I know of

May 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
    Well I am just giving you suggestions and you mean ouija board lol no that is very good advice don't use ouija boards because they are a way of opening a portal to the underworld.
    What you decide to do is your choice 0405376438 I wish you good luck and many good omens.

May 29, 2012, 11:35 PM
    Do any of yous think it might just be my Nan but if it is how come I had dreams about a male spirit and it was hurting me mentally

May 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
    It is very possible that you have more than 1 spirit there one could be your nan and the other could be a spirit that has attached it's self to something or someone in your home and it could also (no offence) be that the male is just a nightmare brought on by stress. There are many reasons or explanations for why this is happening. Have you or someone in your family bought or been given anything lately that you didn't have before?

May 30, 2012, 01:55 AM
    My mum's BF lent us his egg cooker thing but that was after all this start beside for that I'm not sure

May 30, 2012, 02:16 AM
    Okay because spirits can attach themselves to people and objects.

May 30, 2012, 03:39 AM
    Oh OK then are there like any show on huantings that are aired in Australia that can tell me more on huantings and stuff so if any thing that I see on there happens I know what to do instead of posting it on here? Even if its not aired in Australia just give me a trustworthy website to download it from

May 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Try going to hppt://www.free-tv-video-online.me/ and look up taps or GHI
    It's really helpful also try rescue mediums and haunted relics good luck and by the way YouTube has some good videos as well

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a spirit in my house? [ 13 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for over a year now, and I have a little girl who is 2. When I first moved in I found out that the old man who lived there before me died in the house but that he was a lovely old man,but one day my daughter was in the bath and I left her for a second and when I returned...

Spirit in a house [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I hope someone can help me here ,my daughter is feeling fairly scared as she is feeling and seeing something in her home ,she has woken feeling a buzzing sensation very close to her face and chest area and someone looking at her ,she has seen a man looking in her bedroom door during the night...

Spirit in my house [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is Roberta my son who is 18 teen is having a hard time sleeping something is always holding him down I don't no what to do

Is there a spirit in my house [ 8 Answers ]

I am 13 and when ever I sleep in my room no one else can hear this but I hear "Hey!" it freaks me out really bad is there a spirit trying to tell me something please help I'm terrified!! And also my aunt died when I was 5 and she was completely paralized before she died and my mom didn't let me see...

View more questions Search