Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclefrank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Lennox 10acb30-11p air conditioner is not working correctly
    The thermostat is set at 72 degrees. The unit's fan begins turning within a few seconds there is a buzz then a click. The fan continues to turn properly but every few seconds there is a buzz. The unit is not cooling the house properly. What could be the problem?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
    The buzz and click is most likely the compressor trying to start, then cutting out. Could be a bad compressor capacitor, or a weak compressor in need of a hard start kit, or a bad compressor. I would start by having the compressor capacitor checked, and if good, add a hard start. This of course after checking for correct voltages to the compressor. Lots of options here, but Im betting on a bad capacitor (which is actually good news because capacitors or even hard starts kits are fairly cheap in comparison to the cost of a compressor or complete condenser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox air conditioner contactor [ 1 Answers ]

Will a 30amp 2-pole contact relay work in the place of a 25 amp 1-pole contact relay? Both have 24 volt coils.

Life time for lennox air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Our lennox furnace fan runs constantly, but our 2 ton lennox air conditioner is not running,and the temperature in the house is in the high 70's Could this be a compressor or freon problem.

Lennox air conditioner not running [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me what to do if the outside unit on a Lennox brand a/c unit is not running? The inside a/c turns on and blows cool, not cold air. Thank you.

Lennox Air conditioner not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Lennox Heating and Air unit. The furnace which is in the attic is model # G40UH-36A-070-11. The air conditioner outside is model #13acd-030-230-01. The AC fan does not come on. I turned on the heat to see if that would work but that wouldn't come on either. I can hear the...

About Lennox 10ABC36-11P? [ 4 Answers ]

My A/C unit is running, but is not blowing cold air. Does anyone out there have any helpful suggestions for troubleshooting this??

View more questions Search