Ask
    wessams41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 03:19 PM
    What is a grantor vs a grantee
    What is a grantor vs a grantee
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 03:22 PM
    The grantor is the person who is transferring the property. The grantee is the person who is receiving the property.

The grantor is the seller. The grantee is the buyer.
    rascalcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 11:35 AM
    If I am the grantee, the only grantee listed on the deed, am I sole owner of said property.
    rascalcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 11:38 AM
    [QUOTE=rascalcat;2240683]if I am the grantee, the only grantee listed on the deed, am I sole owner of said property. Can anyone else claim ownership or rights. Am going through divorce and soon to be ex wife is trying to claim half of property.
    GvtDawg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:36 PM
    If you were married when you acquired the property its prob half hers if you had it before you got married its yours, it all depends on the state where you live...
    stressed28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 06:39 AM
    If your home is financed but you want the deed to go to your sister when home is paid can you do a quick claim deed without the finance company
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 29, 2012, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stressed28 View Post
    If your home is financed but you want the deed to go to your sister when home is paid can you do a quick claim deed without the finance company
    Quit claim deed? The mortgage may (and probably does) have a "due on sale" clause which would require their approval. Check and see.
    alfred revazyan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
    If I AM GRANTEE,can grantor sell the house?

May 26, 2012, 11:35 PM
    If I am grantee,can grantor sell the house?

May 26, 2012, 11:37 PM
    [QUOTE=alfred revazyan;3129828]If I am grantee,can grantor sell the house?[/QU I bought hose to my aunt:s name,then she signed grant deed,does she have any rights to the house?
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 03:53 AM
    [QUOTE=alfred revazyan;3129830]
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred revazyan View Post
    If i am grantee,can grantor sell the house?[/QU I bought hose to my aunt:s name,then she signed grant deed,does she have any rights to the house?
    You bought the house, and had it transferred to your aunt's name? So she owned it. Then she signed a deed transferring title to someone else?

No. She no longer owns it. She no longer has any rights to it. That is, of course, unless there are other details that you have failed to tell us.

On the other hand, if what you are trying to say is that you bought the house from your aunt, she would not later have the ability to transfer it to someone else. Unless, of course, you failed to record the deed prior to her later deed.
    ahonarchian1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 08:35 AM
    I wanted to tell you,the mortgage still to her name,but she signed grant deed to my name.she said I still to owner to the house,is that right? Thank you
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 08:41 AM
    If she gave you a deed and you had the deed recorded then you are the owner of the property.

However if there was a mortgage that was not paid off when she gave you the property then the lender can foreclose if she stops making the payments.

If you want to keep this property then you should immediately refinance the property by getting a mortgage loan in your name and paying off the old mortgage.
    ahonarchian1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Can you tell me please,if the mortgage is not my name but I have trustee deed ,does that person who"s name on the mortgage ,does she have any right?
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
    The person whose name is the grantee on the deed is the owner. If a different person is responsible for paying the mortgage then that person does not have the right to sell the property but they can stop paying back the loan and then the lender will foreclose and the owner will lose the property.
    Expert

May 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ahonarchian1 View Post
    c... I have trustee deed ...
    What do you mean by "trustee deed". Was there a deed of trust (something like a mortgage) involved?
    ATLbabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 06:11 PM
    YES you are
    family2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 04:42 AM
    My sister and I are the grantees. What are my sister right to the land. She lives out of state and never paid taxes or insurance on the home? When are father passed away she didn't even come to the services.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by family2012 View Post
    my sister and I are the grantees. what are my sister right to the land. she lives out of state and never paid taxes or insurance on the home?? when are father passed away she didn't even come to the services.
    You and your sister are co-owners of the property. She has as much right to it as you. However she is also responsible for the taxes and insurance along with you. But if you are living there and she is not then she can make a claim that you have a greater responsibility.

Are you living there?
    nauty07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Im on the deed with my mom she wants me to sign a warranty deed so she can get this loan but she has filed bankrupt how will this affect me cause I want to sign over to her don't want anything else to do with it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grantor = Grantee on Quitclaim Deed? Name Change Only [ 3 Answers ]

When my divorce was finalized in 2006, my lawyer used a quitclaim deed to transfer a condo-property that was owned jointly between my husband and I into my name solely. It was a fairly simple process, and the deed was indeed changed into my name with no issue. However, since then, I have resumed...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

LisaB4657 re: Grantor [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you for your efficient response. My dumb assumption was that if married the wife would be entitled to 50% whether name on deed or not in Florida? Thanks

Grantee vs Grantor [ 1 Answers ]

Why would someone-in this case a husband/grantor have a warranty deed drawn to grantee and in this case being himself again and his wife together. Also the city records show the purchase price way under the property value. This warranty deed says 25k and 4 years earlier sale was 79k?

View more questions Search