Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlgarcia34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Sex offender moving to mexico
    I am a registered sex offender in California and wanting to move to mexico. Do I have to register in Mexico?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 10:50 AM

First you need to find out if Mexico will even let you move there. You will have to inform California where you live.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2009, 01:45 PM

I doubt Mexico will allow you to move there unless you have dual citizenship already through family.

It's funny, despite doing nothing to prevent their citizens from entering the US illegally it's quite hard to get into Mexico (legally).
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 02:10 PM

Hello r:

I don't think you have to tell California that you're NOT living there. You are required to report WHERE you live - not where you don't.

I agree with Lowtax. Legal immigration is exceedingly hard - especially with a record. However, the great thing about Mexico being a corrupt state, is that you just have to bribe the right person.

Or, you can come back every six months to renew your visitors permit. You'll probably need an American cheeseburger by then anyway.

excon

PS> (edited) I notice that I didn't answer your question... Nahhh, dude. Mexico doesn't do that. They believe in letting you start fresh after you do your time. We used to do that here... I don't blame you for wanting to move. That's not to excuse your offense. That just means you shouldn't have to pay for it the rest of your life.
    DLOVESE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 05:39 PM
    i'm married to a registerd sex offender and were moving to mexico when he gets out... im mexican born american... and my husband was partying at a hotel room 2 strippers goo then it turned out they were dancying for money they got paid 300 each for an hour one of them wanted more money to do more then dancying and the other girl told my husband if you on't give me 30,000 dollars i'll call rape... the one was 17 with a dirty plan. My husband didn't have the money.. so she called rape and now.. my kids don't have there dad... and he can't take them to school. And there's nomore disneyland or 6 flags nomore parks. So now we have to relocate i don't want problems with anybody or have any one in fear so were out of here. My kids are american native this is there land my husband is native also but he thinks its better to walk about... so i think mexico is cheaper no more drama and you can build your home without permits and make a dream home... for cheap... were american why ruin a family a child innocent kids what?? Did these 17 year old girls got 300 each and my family is still paying the price!!
    And they still got restitution money! Im starting to think its just a business!!
    INLOVE2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
    My boyfriend is a registered sex offender. He had consensual sex with someone 3x and she called rape because he didn't want a relationship with her. She was 21 and he was 27 at the time. They went to trial and he lost... she was white, he was mixed. He served 2 months in jail and now he is an adult offender. I have an 8 yr old daughter and I recenlty moved into a new condo. My exhusband called DCFS on me today and told them I moved him into my home, while that is not true. So, now they are investigating everything. He is currently compliant and living in a christian based program facility. He and I go to church and bible study together and are seeing our pastor about our relationship. I didn't know he was a registered offender until 2 weeks after I had gotten to know him, plus he was still married at the time. So, once he admitted his convictions and told me the truth about his past, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. He has now filed for divorce (after being separated over 3 yrs) and I'm helping him to get his life back on track. We are very close friends and I know he has to be listed for the next 9 years no matter where he lives. If we decide to get married one day, maybe Mexico might be the best place to go as well? I have fallen in love with him and feel he may feel the same way too. I have been in prayer about everything and it led me to this site. If anyone would like to chat about this, let me know. This isn't the easiest thing to talk to people about.
    Lordsteven1st Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jan 28, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Ok if you live in calf you have to be rejestered but when you leave you have to notifie the state that your moving from an where your moving to they will then notifie the country your moving to now as to what that country will do about it I don't know but if you want to avoid the country your going to knowing you're a sex ofender first move to New Mexico rejester there then relocate from there to mexico because that state doesn't notify the country your going to that you're a sex ofender but make sure you tell what ever state your living in that your leaving or you could be arested for violating your rejestration if an when you come back into the country also be prepared to be treated like a criminal when you come back into the country they will put you in a little room an refuse to tell you why your there this I beleave is so they ca check to make sure you have done the propor rejestrations (welcome to the wornderfull land of the free)
    jamester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Did you marrie the guy and liv happy?
    jdbasse Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2012, 08:15 PM
    I was not on probation or parole and simply filled out the change of address registration form in the county I was living in and listed my new address in Mexico.

I have been living here for two years now without a single problem.
    As far as I know there is no registry in Mexico because it is too hard to keep up with the citizens moving quite frequently. LOL
    Anyway, I have traveled back to the states on business. When I called the county I was going to visit to tell them I would be there for several days, they simply didn't know what I was supposed to do.

You only need a pass port to enter Mexico. You DO NOT need dual citizenship.
    I have also traveled to Belize and every time my passport is swiped, nothing is said

Hope this helps
    aaf Posts: 7, Reputation: -2

May 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Not on probation or parole either.
    Actually, spent time in appeals because of factual errors made by the courts,
    In the case, such as a mention of a crime as defined by the legislature, and
    The criminal code.
    My conviction was in a state in the midwest.
    I've done my time, served probation, now I'd just kind of like to be obscure, and left alone.
    i.e... not evicted again just because I appear on some website, and can't get a straight answer as to if I should appear. There was no minor involved.

I live in North San Diego, and have wondered for a good few years about moving, or, taking up an address in Mexico.

How.
    The process.

Coming back in to North San Diego, where my daughter lives,
    That difficulty, length I can visit.

I know people live in TJ and walk across the border to work, to school.
    Baja California plated cars are all over even up here.

Who has input on this?
    Have you done it too?
    slamdumcan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Actually I have a question. I am a registered sex offender who also would like to live in the true land of the free. My question is if I move to Mexico will I still able to receive my SRI?
    crrrod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2014, 10:07 AM
    My wife and I flew to Puerto Vallarta on Jan. 6, 2014, and I was denied entry due to a single misdemeanor conviction of Sexual Abuse of a Child. According to the customs official who interviewed me for more than one hour, the Mexican President has signed a new law prohibiting sex offenders from entering his country. I told him my offense was 24 years ago, I spent one night in jail, pled guilty and was sentenced to 3 years probation and 500 hours of communtiy service . In addition, I have registered every year since in Oregon. He showed me my photo taken just last month during registration, and they now have all these in their computer system and scan all new incoming visitors. I was held by a security guard for 20 hours in the departure waiting room until the first available flight back. My wife was not allowed to remain with me and remains in Puerto Vallarta until Jan. 11 when the first return flight is available. I have contacted the U.S. Consulate, and they informed me that they have no jurisdiction over Mexican law, and I have yet to hear back from the Mexican Embassy in Portland as to whether this is indeed a new law or not and why it has not been publicized so that others do not spend thousands of dollars on airfare and hotels only to be turned away. When questioned as to whether he had turned away others since the law went into effect last month, the customs official told me "more than 200". He also asked me to sign a document in Spanish concerning what had been said during the interview, but I declined to do so as I do not read Spanish. The United Airlines representative there to interpret for us said it would not make any difference whether I signed it or not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2014, 10:14 AM
    5 year old thread, closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

First Offender Act in GA [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about the 1st Offender Act. I live in Georgia and have been charged with a Felony "C." This is the first time I have ever been in trouble. Please assist.

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

Moving to Mexico [ 11 Answers ]

Am I still required to file a tax return in the US if I earn less than $25000 and live in mexico full time.

View more questions Search