Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nachogirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
    My dog won't eat barely drinking water and throwing up what can I do
    My canine dog won't eat barely drinking and throwing up what can I do because there's no money I can't take him to the vet already lost my other dog last week she had the same symptoms but worser she was throwing up and would diaria with blood in it to I want to save my dog please help me please
    Daniellicon Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Your dog has parvovirus. The veterinarian is your best bet. They will give her antibiotics and inject saline under her skin to keep her hydrated. Dehydration is the main reason canines die from parvo. You could try forcing her to drink water with a syringe but the chances are still slim. I'm sorry. It's very hard, I know.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2012, 09:58 AM
    @daniellicon, there is nothing like a positive reply ! AMHD absolutely does not diagnose, reason being it is impossible to accomplish over the Internet and in any case how can you be sure it is parvo. Yes, pup should go to the vet immediately.
    aarellano84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Stay home with your dog.. buy a chicken baster, pedia lite and if your able to get a presc for amoxicllin get it. Force pedia lite and water down her throat every 15-30 for like an if she she throws up wait a few min and give her more... after like 2 hors give it to her evey 30-1 hr keep all other dogs away from her take her out to potty and clean it up immediately. Keep her kenneled with blankets keep food out just in case she gets hungry. I boiled chicken and rice because it won't upset her tummy. You also need to buy a baby rectal thermometer with Vaseline and check her temp every hr (Normal dog temp is 99-102) if it goes up just like a child get wet towels.. if it goes down bundle her up. Do this until she starts eating and drinking on her own.. It worked for my 7 week German shepherd puppy. FYI smaller dogs have higher death risk than large breed pups.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is drinking a lot but won't eat! [ 3 Answers ]

For the last 3 days my dog (yorkie 1year) has not eaten but is drinking allot. We have tried chicken with dog food, chicken, cheese,meats and pork. Please help.

My dog is drinking water but won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

My dog threw up once a lot and now he won't eat, he is drinking water now but only after I made him drink gator aid with a syringe now he is drinking water but hasn't eaten in 3 days what could be wrong? He is an outside dog with plenty of shade and water, also a covered porch but he prefers to...

My dog is drinking water but won't eat? [ 2 Answers ]

Me dog is drinking water but won't eat what could be wrong?

View more questions Search