Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gmanv1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2006, 03:40 PM
    More quick way to gain good biceps/triceps?
    Around 2 months ago I bought a new bench for weights, on top of that I bought the two bars a curl, and a straight and a load of weights. From this I have been working out twice a week concentrating mainly around the arms occasionally the stomach. Over a few months I have seen diffrence but very little I want my arms to be able to show muscle naturally with out me having to tence which sort of technique is the best for bulking triceps and biceps good enough to show muscle without having to tence should I buy some dumbbells or change from my 4 sets of 10 reps every 3 days? Any advice thanks:confused:
    miri_pac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 02:15 AM
    Yes buy some dumbbells,and watch for exercises at bodybuilding.com
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jun 28, 2006, 04:45 AM
    are you looking for mass or definition...

mass=heavy weights low reps
    definition=lighter weight more reps

curl bar is perfect for what you need especially if you are starting... keeps your hands in the perfect position to hit the right spots of the triceps and biceps

the key to getting size is using the correct amount of weight and doing the rep strict not sloppy...

WARMING UP WARMING UP WARMING UP..

NEVER DO ANY EXERCISE COLD...

the curl bar works great when you back yourself against a wall... no cheating that way

remember.. concentrate on the part of the arm you are working on... dont worry about any other part

remember to use the inner and outer angles to hit the biceps fully

reverse curls also should be incorporated

the triceps the same thing

curl bar behind the head works well also try
    laying down and bringing bar to forehead
    if there is pain in any joints then STOP!
    no pain no gain is a term you should forget about... if it hurts then you are doing it wrong

if the curl bar puts too much stress on your elbows when doing them behind your head try using the weights plates... the curve of the weights makes it easier on the elbows

dumbells are great but you need to learn technique 1st...
    using any type of heay weight to gain mass almost always should be assisted by a friend

be safe... size doesn't grow overnight.. it going to take a few weeks to see some results so don't get discouraged... keep yourself motivated.. always look at what you want the result to be so never give up...

good luck and remember to warm up always before any exercise
    Proteinboy Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2006, 08:43 PM
    Firstly, you need to know what you are doing before starting to lift weights. I personally have gained s#*t in the 2 years I have been weight lifting because I was undereducated in weight lifting. Here are the 6 tips I can give you:

1. Be diligent
    Don't miss work outs, set realistic goals and have a good attitude.

2. Don't OVERTRAIN!!
    This was my major downfall. Exercise 3 times a week and only work a single muscle group one time every week. Ex: Monday:Biceps,Triceps,Back
    Wed:Legs, calves Fri:Abs. NOTICE there is nothing scheduled for teusday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday!! Take these days off and let your muscles recover and grow. Only work out a MAXIMUM of ONE hour per workout!! After one hour of intense lifting, your blood sugars dip LOW and your body will start releasing cortisol (a catabolic hormone), which eats muscle in a desperate attempt to provide your body with more energy. I suggest workouts to last 30-45 minutes.

3. Eat right
    Try to eat 6-8 smaller(or the same sized; whatever makes you happy)meals a day. You need to keep your body well by eating high protein (1-1.75 grams protein/lb of body mass ) and high carbs. Don't leave out the "good" fats(monunsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats).

4. Keep a training log; increase weight each workout
    Record how much you lift every workout. You will have to know this so that when you come to lift again, you WILL increase your lifting weight by small incriments. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. You MUST either increase weight or increase reps so that you can *spark* your muscles into growing. Think about it; if you keep on lifting the same weight, why would you get any stronger? Your body will not see the weight as a threat and therefore will not grow to prepare for the next "attack". On the other hand, if you increase weight or reps, your body will see it as a threat on you ability to perform and will increase strength and muscle.

5. Train with high intensity
    Every time you hit the weights, train hard. If you don't put in all of your effort, you will not get good results. This means either increase the weights or do more reps.

6. REST/EAT(ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaa)
    This is the best part. You MUST rest AND eat properly in order for your muscles to grow. I DO NOT mean sit down for 30 minutes and eat a 100-calorie pack and then go back to training!! This means to TAKE A DAY OR HOWEVER MANY NEED OFF in between high intensity work outs!! Your muscles need time to recover from the giant overhaul you just gave them. MORE IS NOT BETTER!! I recommend eating a meal with descent protein(about 40 protein is enough) and carbs (80carbs) RIGHT AFTER YOUR WORKOUT. I also recommend whey protein since it is fast-digesting. Please do not be like me and work out 10 times a day... it won't get you anywhere.

Aside from those 6 tips, here are the best biceps exercises
    1. Chin ups (also get your back huge)

2. Barbell curls (must do in strict form)

3. Bent over barbell rows(also gets back)

4. Holding the chinup position with eyes at bar-height(just hold this until you cannot any more then go down as slowly as possible.)

Good luck with your new gains.
    r4ymond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Personally I can say that if you want bigger and leaner arms you need to do the following:
    1. Set your mind and body to your whatever goals you want, and do not stray from the road to success.

2. Work out 5 times a week. Your muscles need 4-8 days to fully recover from an intense workout. i.e.. Hit chest Mondays - back Tuesdays- legs Wednesdays- arms Thursdays- shoulders Fridays.

3. Using more reps and lesser weight to get ripped, and more weight and less sets for mass is based on pure speculation... your body loses fat due to how much muscle you're gaining. You can be just as lean by lifting as much as you can on every work out. Of course don't forget that over training still occurs if you push to far, so leave the small muscles such as arms and shoulders to 3 exercises per workout and big muscles such as back, chest, and legs with 4-6 exercises.

4. Your daily diet, it's the most important part of muscle gain, and fat loss... if you want to be big and lean, you need to learn to eat 5-6 times a day with smaller portions than usual, this increases your metabolism and you burn fat faster. Don't forget to eat about twice your weight in grams of proteins (ie. 150lbs = 300g of protein per day) its good to have a lot of protein sources during the day such as shakes and egg whites to maintain your body in an anabolic state, this means its producing muscle and burning away fat as energy source, otherwise you'll go catabolic which means your muscle's getting eaten away by your body as well.

5. Supplementation is just as important too, never forget to have a good protein, creatine, glutamine, and nitric oxide to maximize muscle and strength gains and also get leaner muscle.

6. Don't get stressed out, don't get mad, don't get sad... its important to stay in a good mood during the day because if when you're mad or sad it causes stress and that releases cortisol in your body which causes it to go catabolic as well.

This is all I have to say, I can honestly say that in the 4 years I've been lifting weights, this is how I've achieved significant changes in my body, it'll take in between 12-16 weeks to reach good results if you workout seriously and maintain a steady diet.
    bigpowerliftermatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Right, lets get this straight for you guys.

1: STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR ARMS!
    2: THIS IS NOT FAST AND NEVER WILL BE AS FAST AS YOU WANT TO GROW. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A 23INCH PEAK IN TWO WEEKS!

The best training for arm size is not training arms!
    It is a simple matter of physiology. You are not just training muscle, but tendons and ligaments as well. Your muscle can only grow so far without the joining tissues being strong. And if this is done first all the better.
    Why is this?

Well think of it this way, can you curl 400lbs? No you can't! Can you do a 300lb skull crusher, no you can't. But what you can do is expose the tendons and ligaments to this tension, slowly increasing their density and strength.

How?

Simple really, by utilising big compound movements.
    A deadlift, barbell row, barbell shrug will expose your biceps and it's tendons and the triceps tendons to far more weight than you can use in a curl. Thus the unseen necessities of size get stronger.
    A military press, bench press etc can equally expose your triceps to far more weight than they can handle alone doing exactly the same thing to them.
    The trouble is, the sad little vest boys are to damn scared to train hard. Do not get me wrong, deadlifts, squats, benching are all damn hard (the first too far more so that the bench) that is why people don't do them!

An excellent example is Ronnie Coleman, he spent 15 years power lifting before starting his bodybuilding, he built the foundation, the he built the house. Just wanting big arms is fine, but just trying to get big arms without anything else is like trying to put the nice flowerbox in your window, or a house you haven't built yet!
    Look at Marius Pudzianowski, look at his mass, he looks stronger than a bodybuilder, his muscle quality is different. He could switch to it and in say 3 years take the Arnold Classic easily, and in about 5 the big O with ease.

There are hundreds of other factors involved, such as your body can only grow your ams to a certain level without the rest of the body coming along, so get you pencil legs into the squat rack and do it!

You want big arms, get a big back! Get a strong shoulder girdle! And get squatting!

I put on 180lbs in four years of power training, from the age of 19-23 going up to 224lbs at 6ft, I Am now 26 and 324lbs with an 8% body fat, which means at bodybuilder competitive level of 2%bf I would be about 304lbs ripped.

You want to get big, get strong!

My arms are about 25.5 inches, they look huge just hanging, which is mainly due to tricep size (2/3 of the arm)
    To do that I built my bench up to 630lbs, Squat 1010lbs and deadlift of 975lbs.

AND! Ignore the previous routine from Raymond, you CAN NOT train the day after legs if you have trainded them properly! If you can, you are not training to maximum intensity and effort in those areas and proably doing gay stuff like leg extensions and leg presses instead of squats!

4 Workouts a week is sufficient. Mon -Squat/leg day, Wed Bench and some biceps work, Fri - Dfeadlift/Back day, Sat Shoulders & Triceps - This gives you three full days off a week and allows sufficient recovery time!

Understand that the bodybuilders you see in the mags, they train that way NOW! They built the foundation with compound power movements FIRST! You must be patient, 'If you build your back, your arms will come!'

See D!ck train
    See D!ck train Chest and Arms every day
    Don't be a chicken legged D!ck!
    ty1124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 03:08 PM
    I have OK biceps but I want them to get better but when I flex after a week of training looking at my right biceo it looks like a piece of it is gone cause I see other dudes flexing and there's are perfecly round I don't know if I am doing something worng or what
    Nitish goel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Does supplement increase hands/biceps,triceps size or full body size includes chest, back?
    Please explain me...
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 02:40 PM
    If you want to get big, work out to "body beast" by beach body. I am getting so big I'm scared of myself lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need my dog to gain weight [ 14 Answers ]

Hello I was just wondering I have a dog is an american pitbull terrier but he doesn't gain weight I already used redcell to see if that would help but it doesn't I mean he does gain weight but his body doesn't change he looks the same but heavier so I would like to know if any one knows how to make...

Muscle Gain [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16yrs old, 113 lbs, and 5'2, I lift weights and I have not seen any real significant results and I have been doing it for about 4 months now, I am changing my diet, but what types of meals should you eat? Also I want to get rid of love handles and also build up my biceps, etc.

Capital Gain Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a question about Capital gain tax I inherited a comercial property from my father in 1998. At the time of probate the property was valued at $150,000.00 I Have just accepted an offer to sell for $110,000.00 Do I owe Capital Gain Taxes?

Weight Gain! [ 3 Answers ]

This question is also under Other (Health & Wellness): OK, let's see. I'm 5'10", 100 lbs, and have a very hyper metabolism. I'm 28 and have tried things like protein shakes/mixes with other meals, milk, bananas, etc. People tell me a lot, but I am getting no results. Does someone out there...

View more questions Search