Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lashercelt Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Can you be allergic to toilet paper?
    Hi. I think I might be allergic to toilet paper. Is that possible? (I have no known allergies)

I have been using the same TP for quite some time, (plain white, unscented) but in the last two weeks I have used A LOT of it because I have used the restroom so much. Now I'm all irritated down there from front to back and it feels somewhat raw to where it stung when my pee hit it. I changed TP yesterday, but am not sure of anything yet. I used a mirror and checked myself out and even had my boyfriend inspect things because it had me so concerned. Neither of us could see anything except it's all red and irritated.

Any ideas?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:20 PM

If you have been going to the restroom a lot it is more than probably irritated because of all the friction from wiping.

As embarrassing as it is if I have the runs I get the same thing, I know I'm not allergic to the paper, so narrowed it down to just the friction.

Try using some baby diaper rash cream to ease the burning/itching ;)
    emmasoutheast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Have read the comments above and they were very helpful, thanks. My name is emma from the south east coast of the uk. I am 35. I agree that this irritation can probably be caused by wiping on the loo too often. I think I may be alllergic to andrex white toilet tissue, bizarrely enough! Just thought that I would leave a comment on here to say that if anyone is worried, it may be the glue that holds the toilet tissue sheets together that is responsible for people's allergic reactions. That is assuming that there actually is glue in toilet tissue, does anyone know if there is glue in it or not? Another thing that people could do if they have a lot of irritation from toilet tissue is to ring the telephone number on the side of the pack of toilet tissue for advice, assuming that there is a number to ring? I will have a look in a mo. Or people could ask their general practitioners for advice, although, perhaps I should not suggest that to people in case lots of people visit their gp's about the problem and the gp's get very cross about it! Ha ha. Whoops. Anyway, take care everyone. Love from emma.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Paper [ 5 Answers ]

THE MIRACLE OF TOILET PAPER I was watching my wife, fresh from her shower and standing in front of the Mirror, complaining to me that her breasts seemed too small. Instead of my characteristically telling her that it's not so, I Uncharacteristically came up with a suggestion. "If you...

No toilet paper [ 6 Answers ]

A rather attractive woman goes up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestures alluringly to the barman, who comes over immediately. When he arrives, she seductively signals for him to bring his face close to hers. When he does so, she begins to gently caress his beard, which is full and...

Toilet Won't Flush Paper [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet won't flush the paper down. It seems not to have enough pressure to flush paper through outlet drain. The waste flushes through, but paper doesn't. The commode in basement works fine, but the one upstairs in bathroom doesn't. Someone suggested toilet vent may be plugged. How do I...

Toilet not flushing toilet paper! [ 3 Answers ]

Why will our new toilet flush more solid waste but not toilet paper & less solid waste? We have just bought it & are in middle of having bathroom installed & the plumber is blaming the toilet & the fact it is quite narrow at the bottom of the pan inside. It has no trouble with getting rid of other...

Toilet paper won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

We have a toilet that flushes but it doesn't seem to have enough pressure for the paper to go down, if you hold the handle down for a really long time sometimes it will go, but sometimes you will have to flush 2or3 times... what can we do to fix this?

View more questions Search