Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jquidgley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
    Toilet shut off valve keeps turning won't come off
    Hello
    I am trying to remove the toilet shutoff valve from the wall to replace it. I was told at the home depot that it would be an easy fix. However the valve keeps turning and won't come off, I can even turn it with my hand. What can You suggest?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
    You need two wrench to remove the angle valve see the image below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ANGEL7GIRL77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
    #1 bolt is still stuck to pipping coming out of the wall. I have very hard water and calcium has made the copper ring that seals it stuck to the pipping cann't put a new one on... Help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2012, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGEL7GIRL77 View Post
    #1 bolt is still stuck to pipping coming out of the wall. I have very hard water and calcium has made the copper ring that seals it stuck to the pipping cann't put a new one on ..... Help
    Are vyou attempting to replace the angle stop? If so you can use the old ferrule and compression nut. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking toilet shut off valve when toilet flushes, how to fix? [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet shut off valve leaks but ONLY while the toilet is filling up after being flushed. I've looked at numerous articles on how to repair the valve but I'm not sure what part exactly is broken. What part is it mostly likely to need replacing if it's leaking only when the toilet is filling up?

Toilet valve not turning off water to toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet valve will not turn off water to toilet... keeps running

Toilet shut off Valve [ 4 Answers ]

Cannot shot it off it is frozen in the on position . Cannot shut it off. How can I free it up so it can close. It has been in the position for the last 10 years. Any help will do . Thanks inadvance for the help!:)

Where's toilet shut off valve? [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot find a valve to shut off my constantly running toilet, till the plumber can arrive. Every other place I've lived has had a separate shutoff valve for each toilet, sink, etc. I've looked in, under & around the back of the tank, but there is no valve on the pipe in the bathroom. I've also...

View more questions Search