Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chas2427 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
    My well/ pump stopped working
    We had our water running for about an hour two day ago, to fill the pool and lost water in the house. Now two days later no water. And when I flip the little switch nothing happens. And my little blue well x trol tank is empty. Our well is below our house and I can't see a pump so I'm guessing that's underground too... Please help. I'm a single mom and surely can't afford a plumber right now. Thank you in advance...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
    You have a submersible pump. Let's check and see if it's running. Shut the breaker off to the pump and go out and feel the pipes coming out of the ground. Now have someone turn the breaker back on. Can you feel the vibration as the pump runs? Or can't you feel anything? Answer me and well continue. Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
    Good advice. You should also remove the grey cover from off the switch and see if the contact points are closed, which is to say touching. If they are closed, and the pump is not running, then we go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower pump stopped working after turning the water off [ 0 Answers ]

I turned the water off and drained to change the kitchen tap but now the power shower has no water, is this a air lock and how do I get it working. Cheers

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Zoeller ejector pump stopped working [ 6 Answers ]

I came out of my shower this morning to find my basement flooded because my ejector pit overflew. I tried unplugging and plugging my Zoeller pump in, but nothing. I JUST had this pump installed maybe a month ago after my Ridgid pump from Home Depot that I installed in January crapped out. I...

Well stopped working. The pump circuit breaker is on. [ 3 Answers ]

My well stopped working. The pump circuit breaker is on. The system has a Square D pumptrol pressure switch. How do I determine if the pressure switch is bad (no signal to the submirsible pump) or if the pump (145 feet down in the well) has gone bad.

Well Troll 202 pump has stopped working [ 18 Answers ]

One day we forgot to turnoff the faucet while watering the lawn and therefore emptied out the well. After this our well troll 202 seems to have lost all its pressure and therefore we are not getting any water pumped out of the well. It has the gauge and square D pumptrol. I have tried to...

View more questions Search