Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pakiangel786 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Are Muslim girls allowed to have a boyfriend?
    Man I need to know my mum keeps stopping me and reminding me that in islam your not allowed to?
    Is she right?
    Is she wrong?
    HELP ME!
    ;)
    Perseveranze Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Asalaamu Alaikum,

Having a girlfriend or a boyfriend is haraam and strictly forbidden in Islam. Your mother is right.

If you like someone, you should marry them otherwise cut all contact from them, as this is leading to sin.

Read this - http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1114
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Assalamu Alaikum

Courtship is allowed, so long as it is properly chaperoned, you travel to your destination in two separate vehicles, you may not use cutesy pet names for each other, you must maintain your distance from one another, no touching, no flirting behavior, and keep the awkward atmosphere, do not become comfortable with one another until engagement and/or marriage.

Speak to your Imam, he will be able to help you get set up through ICBD with chaperons to court your suitors if your mother says its OK

Insha allah you will fine the right one for you.

Alhumdulilah and good luck!
    dsdd Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Apr 8, 2012, 03:46 AM
    Muslims are allowed to date
    Parents lie and say you are not allowed to have a boyfriend because its forbidden but it doesn't day that in the quran
    Loads of muslim people date- either openly or in secret
    How are you meant to find the right guy if you don't date
    Muslim parents need to come into the 21st century
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2012, 10:58 AM
    You are incorrect. It is not a lie.

The Prophet (pbuh) said men and women cannot be alone together except for when married. He said: “Never is a man alone with a woman except that Satan is the third party with them.”

The word BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND is not in Quran.

What this poster is asking, is simply a difference in culture.

Yes, she may have a boyfriend.

HOWEVER, it needs to be supervised and chaperoned by the Imam and her parents.

I would greatly appreciate it if you were to not answer Islam questions, as you obviously know nothing of Islam, or if you do, it is very prejudice.
    abdullahimada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Asalamualakum warah matullahi wabarakatul brothers and sisters
    My name is abdullah and everyday I'm learning more and more about my religion your never too young or old. And I happen to meet a girl whom we share thoughts she likes me for the fact of having to change her life like her grades and her smoking weed, and she is smart and I don't see the person that smoke and do stuff like a bad person I see a young girl confused about everything her family her religion which is christian so I said to myself there is never a time where you shouldn't leave the doors open for a sister so I did I open the door for her, and behind them she saw her true self and now she's got feeling for me. But I don't know what to do she wants to be soulmates with me. So I said to myself again Allah SBW brought in this world fruits and vegetables that come in different size and color, together they power up one body. But as in muslim girlfriend and boyfriend doesn't exist so I want to just be really close friends with her so we can help each other out becase she helped me to. She doesn't only like the best of me, but the worst of me as well. I'll see where this will go until then ishallah I'll see you next time.
    ILoveHijab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
    ^Guys I so want to noe about that but plzz I wnna know the correct answer.. and plzz I would greatly appreciate it if you were to not answer Islam questions, as you obviously know nothing of Islam, or if you do, it is very prejudice.
    TA Roza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 12:11 PM
    I know how u feel girl!!
    Parents say that too
    Having a boyfriend isn't bad as long as you don't do anything inappropriate,
    Just tell them that you want to be with him for the rest of your life maybe they will say yes (depends what age you are)
    xTiffanyx Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

May 28, 2013, 02:24 AM
    asalamualakum warah matullahi wabarakatuh
    Your mum is right having a boyfriend is strictly forbidden in Islam.
    it is haram a imam was giving a lecture and said it is definitely haram...
    the only time your in a relationship with a man is when your getting married.

hope this helps
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Though I am responding to and old thread but it is worthed to know please open the link below just for information, Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dawah...s/431438180229

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are muslim girls allowed to choose their own spouses according to Islam? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I'm going to write my whole story otherwise you guys will not understand it. So please forgive me if it is too long. but I'm begging you, give me good advise as I'm living at the moment in hell and have not enough time. I am a muslim girl pray and practis islam. I do love my...

Are muslim women allowed to have male friends [ 3 Answers ]

As Salaam Alaikum I am convert to islam 5 years ago. As Live goes on I gotnow two beatyfull children and very happy whit my faith and believe. However my husband said to me today when I came back from the garden were I was as usually talking to my naighbour for more than 1 hour. I must say wayne...

Are muslim women allowed to work ? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all conditions in which she is allowed, And is the monoey whcich she earns is halal ?

Why a woman is not allowed to go on funeral or gravyard in muslim? [ 4 Answers ]

Why a woman is not allowed to go on funeral or gravyard in muslim?

View more questions Search