Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bayleJones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
    How early can I take a pregnancy test after unprotected sex
    I had unprotected sex two days ago and my period has always been extremely irregular so how early can I take a pregnancy test and get reliable results
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
    You will want to wait till about one week past the end of when your period was suppose to happen. So you wait, till period is due, it does not happen ( or is very light) and wait one more week and then test. If negative, wait two more weeks and try again.
    joannaparra Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 12:31 PM
    As far as I know you need to be pregnant for about to weeks but there is some home pregnancy test that you can do before an expected period.
    bayleJones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
    But I have no clue when I should have a period because It is never at the same time and sometimes I only have one every few months.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Test about 2-3 weeks after the time you had unprotected sex.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bayleJones View Post
    But I have no clue when I should have a period because It is never at the same time and sometimes I only have one every few months.
    Two days after unprotected sex is way too early. You're not even "pregnant" at that point.

Wait 3 weeks. If you haven't had a period, which you may not because you're irregular, try testing then. Make sure to use first morning urine, and follow the directions of the pregnancy test to the letter.

If it's negative, then wait a few more weeks and test again if you haven't gotten your period. Another option, which is more accurate, is to go to your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck. I send baby dust your way, as you're obviously trying to conceive. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex and some signs of pregnancy, but am I really pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having unprotected sex for the last month.. My period was due 2 days ago and still isn't here but I took a HPT on the day of my missed period and took another one earlier today both were negative.. Am I testing too soon? I've also been urinating a lot more frequent than before, other...

Unprotected sex and possible pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20. My fiancé and I had unprotected sex on the 25th or 26th of Feb. I started my period on the 11th of Mar. I have taken 2 tests both negative.

I had unprotected sex on the 26th when could take a pregnancy test and get a reading [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a free clinic and they said I probably got an incorrect reading because I'm a couple days away from supposed to be having my period. I'm showing some symptoms already please help. I was also ovulating that day

Unprotected sex and pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 22 year female.I had unprotected sex on 4th dec, 2010. And had taken I pill, within 6 hours. My previous period was on 14 nov and current period is late by one day. Does it mean that I'm pregnant. What sud I do. I'm desperate. I have started smoking to prevent it somehow. *** help

View more questions Search